Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prefectus_prime
Contributor
Contributor

Upgrading PostgreSQL with QEM

Hello,

We have had Qlik Enterprise Manager for some time and it appears to have come with PostgreSQL v10 and that database version has not been upgraded as we upgrade QEM. Where can I find instructions for upgrading the PostgreSQL installation used by QEM

I don't want to migrate it to another server I just want to upgrade it in place, preferably to PostgreSQL 13.1 or higher.

Also is there documentation on what user/password combinations QEM is using to connect to PostgreSQL? I noticed some default admin/password combinations applied to the service that are bad security and I'd like to update those if possible.

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Steve_Nguyen
Support
Support

@prefectus_prime

PostgreSQL v10 and that database version has not been upgraded as we upgrade QEM.

ans: you can run the <Enterprise_Manager_INSTALLATION_FOLDER>\postgresqlkit to upgrade.

this should upgrade to 10.17.

===

Where can I find instructions for upgrading the PostgreSQL installation used by QEM

ans:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/enterprise-manager/November2021/Content/EnterpriseManager/Main/Installat...

===

I don't want to migrate it to another server I just want to upgrade it in place, preferably to PostgreSQL 13.1 or higher.

ans: postgres is just part of the install, you can upgrade to 13.1 or higher if you want independently

===

Also is there documentation on what user/password combinations QEM is using to connect to PostgreSQL? 

ans: this is when you first install postgres with QEM and set the password , we do know what user / password.

I noticed some default admin/password combinations applied to the service that are bad security and I'd like to update those if possible.

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Steve_Nguyen
Support
Support

@prefectus_prime

PostgreSQL v10 and that database version has not been upgraded as we upgrade QEM.

ans: you can run the <Enterprise_Manager_INSTALLATION_FOLDER>\postgresqlkit to upgrade.

this should upgrade to 10.17.

===

Where can I find instructions for upgrading the PostgreSQL installation used by QEM

ans:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/enterprise-manager/November2021/Content/EnterpriseManager/Main/Installat...

===

ans: postgres is just part of the install, you can upgrade to 13.1 or higher if you want independently

===

Also is there documentation on what user/password combinations QEM is using to connect to PostgreSQL? 

ans: this is when you first install postgres with QEM and set the password , we do know what user / password.

I noticed some default admin/password combinations applied to the service that are bad security and I'd like to update those if possible.

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!