Qlik Community

Qlik FinServ

A private group designed to enable innovation, share best practices and educate QlikView users in the Financial Services industry. You will not see any content if you are not a member, you can request to join by pressing "Join the Group"

Announcements
QlikWorld, June 24-25, 2020. Free virtual event for DI and DA gurus. Register Now
Highlighted
Contributor III
Contributor III

Re: Call a web service via SOAP, HTTP Get or HTTP Post

Hi Lee,

Sorry fo rmisstyping your name.

I appreciate you for sharing this material, I have the need to consume a webservice that post data internally in our company by sending specific requets, prior having logged to it.

I have VBScript code for session create,etc however since I'm not a programmer and it is failing in the qvw by "syntax error" I am stucked in how to determine why it fails.

Could you please guide me?

thanks,

Alejo.

Highlighted
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Lee,

I appreciate you for sharing this material, I have the need to consume a webservice that post data internally in our company by sending specific requets, prior having logged to it.

I have VBScript code for session create,etc however since I'm not a programmer and it is failing in the qvw by "syntax error" I am stucked in how to determine why it fails.

Could you please guide me?

thanks,

Alejo.

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Sorry Alejo. It would not be possible to debug it without access to your actual web service. I think you will need a programmer internally.

Lee Matthews

Highlighted
Creator
Creator

Hi

I have a scenrio where in there is a qlikview attribute SECS_ID which a user would select and according to that input a SOAP web service is called and shows the information accordingly.

I have gone through your doc but bein a webservice/XML illiterate, i am not able to understand which fields are static and dynamic and what all things do I need to ask from the Webservice guy.

Please help!

Thanks!

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Hi Varun

Ask your Web Service guys for a sample of the XML soap package that needs to be submitted to the web service. That is what you need to build in your QlikView macro.

Another option is, if you navigate to the webservice itself in a browser it will often be self describing. That is, the web service will detail what needs to be submitted and what the response will be. Try this one for example:  http://www.webservicex.net/stockquote.asmx?op=GetQuote Though this might depend on whether the web service developer has set this up (I am not a webservice expert myself).

I hope that helps.

Highlighted
Creator
Creator

Thanks a lot Lee...

The webservice guy has given me a link and when i open that in a browser it gives me an XML code like

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"
?>  <wsdl:definitions name="FetchSECSCustomerExport1_FetchSECSCustomerHttp_Service" targetNamespace="http://WS.In/FetchSECSCustomer/Binding" xmlns:soapenc="http://xyz/soap/encoding/"

I dont undertsand as in how to use these in the macro?

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Varun. That is wsdl, which is web service definition language. I am not sure how to use that either. Perhaps ask him for a sample request and response, and send link I sent you as an example.

Highlighted
Creator
Creator

Hi Lee,

When I open the link being provided by the webservices team, I get a whole bunch of code(wsdl).

Just wanted to know if the code which opens up when we click on the link is WHAT we need to send to the webservice in qlikview through MAcro?

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

I am sure wsdl is useful in some way, but I am not sure how to interpret it. I have looked up wsdl explanations online in the past but have found the documentation not very enlightening so far.

Highlighted
Creator
Creator

There is an existing JAR file which usually invokes the webservice. Is there a way if I can activate that JAr file in qlikview on a clik of a button?