Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bluecarbon
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Bubble Layer with Custom Symbols

Hi,

I m trying to display custom png as symbol but its not getting displayed. I tried placing the image in content folder of Qlik sense documents and then called 'http://localhost:4848/content/default/arrow.png' in URL.

I have also tried with scale as 1 and rotation as 0, but the image is displayed as blank in map.

When i tried entering the URL in the browser the image gets displayed with no issue.

So help me on displaying custom images as symbol in GeoAnalytics Map.

Thanks,

Rakul.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jonas_Karlsson
Employee
Employee

Hi Rakul,

The image must be accessible to the GeoAnalytics server which means that it will need to be connected to the Internet (if you are not hosting your own GeoAnalytics server). Local URL:s, such as localhost, will not work when using the QGA cloud server.

A workaround is the article below:

Custom labels and dynamic symbols in Qlik GeoAnalytics using data URIs

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Jonas Karlsson 

Qlik

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Jonas_Karlsson
Employee
Employee

Hi Rakul,

The image must be accessible to the GeoAnalytics server which means that it will need to be connected to the Internet (if you are not hosting your own GeoAnalytics server). Local URL:s, such as localhost, will not work when using the QGA cloud server.

A workaround is the article below:

Custom labels and dynamic symbols in Qlik GeoAnalytics using data URIs

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Jonas Karlsson 

Qlik