cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
unityhospice
Contributor
Contributor

Cannot License GeoAnalytics Server

I have read all the install files and can't seem to figure this out. I recently updated to November 2018 (including the enterprise data package) but I cannot get my license activated. I keep getting a generic 'Error adding license. LEF does not give server permissions.'

I've turned on debugging and the logs show the following:

20181203T221941,562Z [Thread-16] DEBUG ravegeo.server.LicenseSource - Local host: QLIKSENSE
20181203T221941,562Z [Thread-16] DEBUG ravegeo.server.LicenseSource - Local host: QLIKSENSE
20181203T221941,566Z [Thread-16] ERROR ravegeo.server.admin.LicenseWindow - Error when adding license.
ravegeo.server.impl.xs: LEF does not give server permissions.
at ravegeo.server.impl.oy.k(SourceFile:187)
at ravegeo.server.impl.oy.a(SourceFile:107)
at ravegeo.server.impl.oy.a(SourceFile:76)
at ravegeo.server.impl.oz.a(SourceFile:73)
at ravegeo.server.impl.ru$7.run(SourceFile:222)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
20181203T221941,566Z [Thread-16] INFO ravegeo.server.admin.LicenseWindow - Added 0 licenses.

If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great. I'm running a local GeoAnalytics Server.

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you are sure you've got the correct license for the product you're trying to license then you should contact Qlik Support.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Please note that you need a QGA Enterprise license to use the QGA Server.
unityhospice
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Prior to the November 2018 update the license did work. Did anything change with the licensing by chance? I can reach out to support for sure.

Giuseppe_Novello

For any change the LEF of that license has "GEO_SERVER;YES;;​​ " If it does not carry it, then you must reach you account manager to correct it. 

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik