Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alis2063
Creator III
Creator III

Difference Between Geo Analytics Maps and Qlik Maps

Hi folks,

Can anyone explain what is most difference between Geo Analytics Maps and Qlik Maps in details including all feauters?

Regards,

Ali

Labels (1)
3 Replies
martyginqo
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I think your question should be pointed at Qlik Maps directly? At the top of this forum there are links to GeoAnalytics capabilities. It depends on what you're trying to accomplish and whether it's supported already. I've found that Qlik is usually very responsive (I work with Patric Nordstrum).

A few years back, we evaluated (among others) Qlik Maps and Idevio (which was later acquired by Qlik as GeoAnalytics) At that time we recommended Idevio to our clients. 

Most of the mapping visualizations have been ported from the GeoAnalytics extensions into the native map object (April 2020). As for the ETL side, I believe that the GeoAnalytics connector still provides functionality that "native" ETL does not. 

Generally, I've found that sticking with Qlik's capabilities (whether native or GeoAnalytics) is more sustainable and provides a single source for support and logical upgrades paths.

If you are looking for more advanced geospatial capabilities, then you might need to consider ESRI and/or Safe Software's FME products.

Best,
Martin.

alis2063
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks a lot Martin!!

What features are available in Qlik GEO Analytics but not in Qlik Map?

Why we need to acquired  Qlik GEO Analytics even we already have  map feature in Qlik?

I never worked on Geo analytics just curious to know the real time fact.

Regards,

Ali

martyginqo
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

There are 2 major components to GeoAnalytics:

1. UI Extensions: which I will say are becoming less important as the functionality is moving into the "core" map object. At this time (April 2020), the differences are quite subtle - but can be useful. The one that springs to mind is the GeoAnalytics Point layer which allows for dynamic (fx) images, whereas native map just a singular image. 
  2. Connector: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/geoanalytics/Content/Qlik_GeoAnalytics/GeoAnalytics-Connector/GeoAnalyti... . This allows for geospatial calculations in the ETL.

(My original reply might have been confusing, because I think I made a reference to the Analytics8 product "QlikMaps", not to the native Qlik Map - sorry)

The GeoAnalytics extensions (UI) are simple to install. The GeoAnalytics connector is a little more involved. I'd suggest you experiment yourself and/or look at some of the excellent guides (like Top 10 Geo tips on this forum: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-GeoAnalytics-Documents/tkb-p/qlik-geoanalytics-documents). 

Martin.