Did you mean: 
romain__avizzeo
Contributor
Contributor

Display road status

Hello,

I need to display the status of the road (green, yellow, red), like this :

Road status example.png
Is it something possible with GeoAnalytics ?

Thanks in advance

Romain

11 Replies
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Sure, have a look at the exemple ”Barcelona Traffic” at https://bi.idevio.com/products/idevio-maps-for-qlik-sense/qlik-sense-2
romain__avizzeo
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi,

Thanks, seems to be what I'm looking for based on the small picture overview. Is it only feasible with default maps or we can display traffic info with customs maps (shapefile format) ?

Is there a way to have a quick look at the application without a geoanalytics licence (following your link) ? Because I don't have one yet, we are at a technical study stage of the project.

I have attached a second graph needed. It deals with some enriched info bubbles. I saw the Mike Tarallo's video on custom info bubble, is it feasible following his tricks ?

Many thanks,

Romain

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Hi,
To display traffic info with custom maps (shapefile format) QGA is needed, the native map can't import shapefiles. But you can import KML line layer files and render lines with the native Sense map as of QSA June 2018.
Info bubble with image, kpis and links should be possible (only in QGA, not in the native Sense map). Almost any html can be injected in the QGA popup,

Thanks,
Patric
romain__avizzeo
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello Patrick,

I would like to download the Barcelona traffic app you send me the link a few weeks ago.

How can I proceed please ? I cannot see or download it if I use your link.

Many thanks

Romain

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Sorry about that, do "Save link as..." to save the qvf file.
romain__avizzeo
Contributor
Contributor
Author

It works, many thanks !

Just to understand how it works, I need :

- The road list with coordonnates

- the status of each road over time

- a table indicating status and RGB

How do the coordonnates works please ? I can see 2 columns, the second containing brackets.

The road list with coordonnates has to be created ? Or is it possible to get it from somewhere ?

In my case, my Customer wants to display the wifi availability on French highways.

Thanks in advance !

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Yes, in this case with Barcelona the city authorities published road geometries and road status in two web services which I loaded in to the app. And yes the color table I created to set colors to the different congestion statuses.

The filed with brackets is the Sense representation of lines ( [[long1,lat1],[long2,lat2],...] is a line, [[[long1,lat1],[long2,lat2],...]] is a multi-line)

https://bi.idevio.com/wp-content/qlik/qliksense/releases/IdevioMapsForQlikSense-5.14.1/imap_referenc...

To do something similar with wifi coverage you will need the French highways as line segments. 

I havent tried but perhaps using the dataset at http://professionnels.ign.fr/route500#tab-3 and filtering out the highways with picking the TRONCON_ROUTE where CLASS_ADM =' Autoroute'. After that you could do the QGA connector closest to tie the coverage info to the line segments.

Thanks,

Patric

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Fyi, the Route 500 db mentioned above ^^^ has Z-component, remove it first (in QGIS) to load it QGA.
Thanks,
Patric
krish2459
Creator
Creator

Hi Patric,

Could you please share the qvf file.

Thanks,

Kirsh