Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

GEOcoding in Belgium

Hi Guys,

Could anyone explain or help me why an area layer doesn't works for Belgium, based on Postalcode & BE.

If I choose a bubble layer, the plotting works fine and I get the bubbles for the postal codes.

But it won't work with a area layer. If I change the Country Code from BE to NL.

The postal areas lights up perfectly. So for somehow there's an error for using the area plotting in Belgium??

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Hi Guy, unfortunately Belgium postal code areas are not included (center points are though). As of may 2017 the following countries are included with postal code areas: Argentina, Australia, Canada, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay.

Thanks,

Patric

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Jonas_Karlsson
Employee
Employee

What happens if you add Belgium as country under the location tab?

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Hi Guy, unfortunately Belgium postal code areas are not included (center points are though). As of may 2017 the following countries are included with postal code areas: Argentina, Australia, Canada, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay.

Thanks,

Patric

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Is there any possibility that other countries, specially Belgium, will be added in the next coming period on short term?

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Hi Guy,

More countries are coming, it's matter of availability, terms and budget. Belgium is not in near term, I recommend source it separately. It straight forward process to load external area data into QGA with the "Load" operation, followed by an a "Simplify" operation. Check out the Load example:

Guides & Examples « bi.idevio.com

Thanks,

Patric Nordström

Qlik

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Oke thnx. I will have a look at it!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Patric,

bps

nfortunately I can't open it. Where using QlikView Desktop here. The examples are all for QlikSense.....

Do you've a link to the QlikView example of a little description how to do it?

We've an external GEO dataset of the BE postal codes now, so we would like to set it up for BE now.

Thnx!