Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mshann01
Contributor III
Contributor III

GeoAnalytics City Bubble Map Manual Remap and Bad Location

I'm working with a map of CT and using a bubble chart for cities.  However, there's one town that will not get plotted correctly: Newtown, CT.  This always plots in Hartford, CT.  I tried using the Manual Remap to try and move it to another location but it doesn't ever change.  It always shows up in Hartford, CT.  I tried to manual remap to "New Haven,CT" and that doesn't even move it to New Haven.  County and zipcode area layers all report correctly.  It's just the town of Newtown that won't display correctly.  There's nothing else funny about the data or the spelling.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Hi Mark,

I got a correct match when supplying county:

='Newtown,Fairfield County,CT'

Unclear why the "Newtown" district in Hartford have higher precedence,

Thanks,

Patric

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Hi Mark,

I got a correct match when supplying county:

='Newtown,Fairfield County,CT'

Unclear why the "Newtown" district in Hartford have higher precedence,

Thanks,

Patric

mshann01
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Patric.  Any idea why the Manual Remap won't allow me to fix those on the fly?  I tried a few different formatting options but haven't had any luck.

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

The following works for me in the "Manual remap" field in Qlik Sense, the "Country" dropdown is set to "United States".

Watch so you get exact string with spaces. The syntax is "from string":"to string"

"Newtown,CT":"Newtown,Fairfield County,CT"

Thanks,

Patric

mshann01
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes I have those same options and format set but I'm using QlikView 12.20.  I think that's the only difference.

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Hi Mark, yes looks like a bug, we opened a case for it. Thanks, Patric