Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eightieschild
Creator
Creator

GeoAnalytics Connector not working?

Hi Everyone

I'm trying to trial the GeoAnalytics Connector package, but get an error when creating a new 'Idevio GeoAnalytics Connector' data connection:

15-03-2017 11-32-32.png

15-03-2017 11-32-46.png

I've tried restarting the services/servers and reinstalling the connector (no errors occur). The F12 console indicates that the connectdialog.js cannot be found (404), but there is no firewall or port restrictions and the files are in place in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Qlik\Custom Data\QvIdevioConnector\web folder.

The extension components work fine and I've been able to create some basic mapping using local and lookup data. I'd like to see how the connector enhances this with all the functionality it offers, but can't get past the start line. Support are looking into the issue, but we've run out of ideas - has anyone else come across this issue and/or resolved it?

We are running Qlik Sense v3.1 SR1 on Windows Server 2008 R2 and GeoAnalytics v5.7.5.

Any help, suggestions or shared experiences appreciated.

Chris

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
eightieschild
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Patric

Partly correct. We run our Qlik Sense site on the shared persistence model and found that as connectors had all been centralised in one location in a server share, the GeoAnalytics connector components in the 'QvIdevioConnector' folder installed under:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Qlik\Custom Data

by default also need to be copied to the shared location, e.g.

\\<servername>\<sharename>\CustomData

This was raised with Qlik Support and the installation documentation has now been updated to cover this.

Thanks

Chris

View solution in original post

5 Replies
edmund_m_r_sant
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hello All, Is the error ,message below is also related to above issue?

CantConnectToQGA.png

Thanks!

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

The mentioned case was due shared persistence and is resolved. Please note that the connector and the extensions needs to be installed on all nodes.

Thanks,

Patric

eightieschild
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Patric

Partly correct. We run our Qlik Sense site on the shared persistence model and found that as connectors had all been centralised in one location in a server share, the GeoAnalytics connector components in the 'QvIdevioConnector' folder installed under:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Qlik\Custom Data

by default also need to be copied to the shared location, e.g.

\\<servername>\<sharename>\CustomData

This was raised with Qlik Support and the installation documentation has now been updated to cover this.

Thanks

Chris

edmund_m_r_sant
Contributor II
Contributor II

GeoAnalytics is enabled on all nodes Central and Rim. when a user opens his QS desktop and create a connection, this error will come (Connection failed" Invalid URL...). I also installed GeoAnalytics in my machine.

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Hi Edmund,

Could it be due to web proxy?

There are hints here to setup for proxy:

How to configure the proxy for the connector?

Thanks,

Patric