Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
frank_havers
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

GeoAnalytics - invalid key after upgrading to November-Release

Hello,

i just upgraded QlikSense GeoAnalytics to November2017-Release (Patch 31218) by deleting the old extensions, importing the new ones und starting the install-Program. This asks for the registration key, accepts it and finishes with no error. When i open an app with map, i see the error message "Error: invalid key".

I googled this and found Error: Invalid Key message? and tried to analize the problem. When i load the page in chrome with open developer tools (F12) on network panel, the last web-request does NOT contain the license key:

http://q.idevio.com/ravegeo/webmap5/script/webmap.nocache.js?key=&opt=tools,iconfactory,geojson,gml&...

If i enter the license key into this request after "key=", i get the wanted result (longer javascript).

I looked for the license.js file and found it in C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Repository\Extensions\ideviomap

I was not able to open it ("Access denied"), but to copy it und open it in another location. The file contains the license key and another number, seperated by ":".

The same license (Type "Qlik GeoAnalytics Bundled") works fine in QlikSenseDesktop (November-Release Patch1)

What can I do, to make Qlik Sense GeoAnalytics work on my machine?

Thanks in advance for advice

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Hi Frank,

It doesn't look like the server is fetching that license.js file.

Is it a server installation? Make sure that the correct path is pointed out in the license tool.

Look out if using shared persistence, then QS has the extensions in a different directory.

Default folders and paths in Qlik GeoAnalytics

Thanks,

Patric

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Hi Frank,

It doesn't look like the server is fetching that license.js file.

Is it a server installation? Make sure that the correct path is pointed out in the license tool.

Look out if using shared persistence, then QS has the extensions in a different directory.

Default folders and paths in Qlik GeoAnalytics

Thanks,

Patric

frank_havers
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Thank you very much, your hint solved the problem.

I updated the old installation in the ProgramData-folder. But the "real" extensions now are in the shared persistence-folder.