cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
larry_alwin
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

GeoAnalytics using Within Function

I have two associated datasets for households and bank branches.  I have created travel areas around each bank branch and a point map of the households using Lat, Lon.  I need the travel area (polygon) selectable to select the households (points) within that travel area.

When I load a small sample (10) of the housholds the data loads, creates 3 synthetic keys, a circular reference and the engine fails.

When I load a larger sample (100) of the households the load fails with a null error (though no nulls exist).

i am finding very very little documentation on using within and the within example is using a point within a standard area rather than a loaded table polygon and I am unable to use it to make my app work.

Is there anyone out there that has successfully done this that would be able to help me out?

Thanks

My data model and settings for the within are as follows.

11 Replies
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Hi Larry,

Switch the order of the indata, the first dataset should be the points you want to test with and the second dataset is the areas (in your case TravelAreas.)

Check out the example for "Within"

http://bi.idevio.com/geoanalytics/geoanalytics-connector-examples

Thanks,

Patric

larry_alwin
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

I get the same result either way.  It doesn't populate the withinassociations table with either load order.

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Hi Larry,

I would plot the branches and the travelareas on a map first to get a visual check of which branches that falls into which area. Sorry for being unclear, I meant fill in the parameters like this:

Within_p.PNG

Thanks,

Patric

larry_alwin
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

I have tried both and I get the same result.

here is a setup with your suggestion and i get the same result.  0 records found in the withinassociations table.

Within2.PNG

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Ok, that's odd, could you share the indata?

Please note the order for 'Latitude and Longitude Point', the last screenshot has the wrong order for the fields.

Should be HHkey,HHLat,HHLon.

I would also drop the 'B.' in front the travelarea table fields.

Thanks,

Patric

Asanchez77
Contributor
Contributor

HI patrick, i need to know if the algorithm are to be able to test 4000 points in 12000 polygons

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Hi,
Should work, I recommend using QGA Plus or an own QGA Server.

Takes also a look at the following doc on how to split the operation into multiple calls, will even out the load and reduce the risk of time outs.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-GeoAnalytics-Documents/Splitting-up-GeoAnalytics-connector-operat...

Thanks,
Patric
Asanchez77
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks so much!

piotr-bratek
Creator
Creator

Hi Patric,

I have a similar problem and I checked that with a very simple example.

# KML with three countries: Sweden, Poland and Germany 
# one point in each country stored in Excel

I filled the form in the following way:

test3-countries.jpg

And I get nothing. Have I done sth wrong?
I know there is no key field but it does not have to be, right?

geo2.jpg

geo3.jpg

My files inside: 

filesInside.jpg

Many thanks

ex-Training Manager at Qlik Central-Eastern Europe