Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rbreslincamelot
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Geoanalytics dissolve using county

Hi,

I have been using geoanalytics and have been trying to create my own areas based on dissolve function.

My dataset looks as follows:

Screen Shot 2018-07-11 at 13.45.31.png

This data is limited to Illinois only, and has regions running from 1 to 5

I use the dissolve function as follows:

Screen Shot 2018-07-11 at 13.45.52.png

This processes fine, and it pulls 5 records, which ties up with the number of regions. However when plotting within Qlik, there appears to be only 1 region, and placed in Egypt, no where near Illinois US.

Screen Shot 2018-07-11 at 13.46.05.png

I am wondering what i might be doing wrong here, and if anyone is able to help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Hi Robert,

US Counties are bit tricky since the county names are ambigous.

I suggest create a new field at load to make a unique so the match will work.

county & ',' & state & ',US:AADM2' as county_key

I added the country code and the location code to help the lookup service further.

More info on how lookups works: https://bi.idevio.com/wp-content/qlik/qliksense/releases/IdevioMapsForQlikSense-5.12.1/geometry_serv...

Thanks,

Patric

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

Try specifying United States as Country under Location Options in your area layer

rbreslincamelot
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi Lisa,

Thank you for the suggestion.

I have tried to change the location area to US, which changes the perspective, however the regions should be based in Illinois only.

Screen Shot 2018-07-17 at 08.59.38.png

Thanks,

Rob

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Hi Robert,

US Counties are bit tricky since the county names are ambigous.

I suggest create a new field at load to make a unique so the match will work.

county & ',' & state & ',US:AADM2' as county_key

I added the country code and the location code to help the lookup service further.

More info on how lookups works: https://bi.idevio.com/wp-content/qlik/qliksense/releases/IdevioMapsForQlikSense-5.12.1/geometry_serv...

Thanks,

Patric

rbreslincamelot
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thank you Patric!

That worked perfectly, i added the unique field county_key, and remapped my dissolve, and now this works.

Thank you again.

wadesims
Contributor III
Contributor III

Patric:
This was a very helpful hint. Appending ':AADM2' to 'US' solved a problem where U.S. counties which shared the name with the state (e.g. New York, NY, US or Idaho, ID, US) was displaying the state rather than the county. This saved me a lot of time converting state and county KMLs. Much appreciated!
qlik_tushar
Contributor
Contributor

This is regarding to build a customize area[Region / District / Area] in Qlik sense with respective to Zip Code  using the Geo Analytics Operation “Dissolve”.  We are able to achieve the same with small data set using the operation “Dissolve” but getting error while loading with big data set.

Error : QVX_SYNTAX_ERROR: Failed to process query: Failed to create dataset Dataset: Too many rows in dataset . Maximum allowed is 20000 rows.

Can it be achieved using the “Dissolve” operation or is there any other operation which need to used to mitigate the issue?