Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danimalav7
Contributor II
Contributor II

Geocoding in QlikSense provides different cities with same name.

Like San Rafael is in California but it is showing somewhere in Puerto Rico. My data set is really nice and i would love to groom it. Is there a way i can modulate my data to detect proper cities.

I have tried concatenating United States and the state or any other way.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jonas_Karlsson
Employee
Employee

Hi Malav,

Since names are not unique you have to help the location service. You can do it in two ways.

1. Add Country in to the Location expression: =City&', '&Country or

2. Under Location options, specify the country US.

See the attached app, I´ve done in two ways there.

Untitled.png2018_05_07_16_03_27_San_Rafael_My_new_sheet_App_overview_Qlik_Sense.png

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Jonas Karlsson

Qlik

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Jonas_Karlsson
Employee
Employee

Hi Malav,

Since names are not unique you have to help the location service. You can do it in two ways.

1. Add Country in to the Location expression: =City&', '&Country or

2. Under Location options, specify the country US.

See the attached app, I´ve done in two ways there.

Untitled.png2018_05_07_16_03_27_San_Rafael_My_new_sheet_App_overview_Qlik_Sense.png

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Jonas Karlsson

Qlik

danimalav7
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Jonas,

Worked very smoothly. Thanks.

Malav Dani