Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
naeemhaq
Contributor II
Contributor II

Geometry datatype in Geoanalytics

Hi,

I dont know if this has been asked before or not. 

I have a PostGIS table which has geometry data field in a table in below format. How can I display that in geoanalytics.

IDTimeGeometry
3406776277723977482018-01-02 14:17:15.7890101000020E6100000B6C7A04DED2F58C0C8EDD96BA8824040

Here are the steps I have taken:

1. added geomap

2. added a bubble layer

3. in the bubble layer properties

Dimensions = added geometry field.

I can see a bubble appears in the bubble object but nothing gets plotted on the map.

Thanks

Naeem

7 Replies
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Use ST_AsText or ST_AsGeoJSON to convert the geom to well known text or geojson.

Geojson can be used directly as input to layers. Example of sql code:

select postcode, ST_AsGeoJSON(the_geom, 4) as the_geom from postcode_area where postcode='AT1004' limit 2;

Thanks,

Patric

naeemhaq
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks Patrick for your reply.

Your suggestion is a good workaround, in this case I would have to write script to modify the table ore create a veiw and add that extra column to the table/view then import the data into Qlik.

Can you please suggest if Qlik data manager can somehow do this.

Also after reading up a little bit it seems it can be achieved through a Geoanalytic connector but I yet have to verify with sales and support team how to get there. Because I was not able to find any option in QMC, HUB or Data manager.

Thanks agian.

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Hi Naeem,

You can probably can do it the standard ODBC or the Postgresql connector.

Thanks,

Patric

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I would like to know if I need to suggest geoanalytics to use a postgis and display geom shapes or I can use Qlik Sense to do that.

Thanks in advance.

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Hi Francis,

The Qlik GeoAnalytics connector reads WKT from PostGIS directly, that's the best way.

Thanks,

Patric

christms
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

I am new to GeoAnalytics and I am having some difficulty in plotting GeoAnalytics map reading from ODBC with the SHAPE attributes. Do you have any tutorial steps or video on your solution -  convert the geom to well known text or geojson? 
Thanks in advance.

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Hi, take a look at this tutorial, explains with a little more details:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-GeoAnalytics-Documents/MS-SQL-Server-and-Qlik-GeoAnalytics-QGA/ta...

Thanks,

Patric