Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hide Layers of a Map

How do I hide the layer for the map (or is it referred to as the legend?)?  I've watched videos that said it was possible, but no explanation was given on how to do it.

Thank you!

Capture.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Dawn,

Do you mean how to hide the layer object? It can't be done entirely, you can squeeze it down to a single grid space in Qlik Sense or smaller perhaps in QlikView (I haven't tried it in QV). If I want to minimise it's visual impact what I do is squeeze it down to a grid square or two and then change the properties to hide the obvious things that make it stand out, such as the "Color Legend" - this usually involves setting it to custom and then unchecking the various options. Generally I try to make use of it though as some users may like to use the object to turn the layer on or off in the map which they do by simply clicking on it and selecting the "Visible" option (Maybe that is what you meant?).

Within the map object itself is an option to "show layer control" which also provides a means for showing/hiding individual map layers. And of course you can show or hide layers depending on zoom levels as well, something you can set up in the properties of the individual layers.

Hopefully one of those options is what you were after.

Cheers,

Rod

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Dawn,

Do you mean how to hide the layer object? It can't be done entirely, you can squeeze it down to a single grid space in Qlik Sense or smaller perhaps in QlikView (I haven't tried it in QV). If I want to minimise it's visual impact what I do is squeeze it down to a grid square or two and then change the properties to hide the obvious things that make it stand out, such as the "Color Legend" - this usually involves setting it to custom and then unchecking the various options. Generally I try to make use of it though as some users may like to use the object to turn the layer on or off in the map which they do by simply clicking on it and selecting the "Visible" option (Maybe that is what you meant?).

Within the map object itself is an option to "show layer control" which also provides a means for showing/hiding individual map layers. And of course you can show or hide layers depending on zoom levels as well, something you can set up in the properties of the individual layers.

Hopefully one of those options is what you were after.

Cheers,

Rod

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you, Rod!  I was able to get it reduced so it isn't very noticeable in one of the corners.  It seems like there should be a more elegant way to hide it, but this will work!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You are most welcome Dawn.

The soon to be released new mapping object (as mentioned in the March Community update by Mike Tarallo) will probably mean that many more map features will be available without the need to have a layer control on the sheet. It won't meet everyones needs on day one but at least there will be multi-layer support for areas and points.