Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to add additional columns in QlikView

How can i add the additional column Rank and add the ranking logic in Qlikview.

i have a table as below with (Region ,Supplier Name & Average weights) , I need to rank the suppliers region wise  .So based on average weight, i rank a supplier only specific to that region . So every region would have its separate ranking based on weights.

RegionSupplier NameAverage weights
(Weight*KPI's)
Rank region wise
APACxyz17.751
APACxyz27.52
APACxyz35.73
Europeabc44.41
Americasghi56.31
Americasghi66.052
17 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Ok ..let me explain

1. I have excel  sheet template with columns Region, Supplier name , KPI (in number ), Weight % (in %).

2. I export this sheet in qlikview and add two additional columns 1. Average Weight (KPI *Weight %) and  2. Rank (which is region wise supplier rank ) .

3. Now , for example consider this is my April data.

4. Next month i.e in May i will float the same excel sheet template and fetch new details , now my new details would be same set of supplier or new supplier added and changed KPI (in number ), Weight % (in %) .

5. Now i have to repeat the step 2 to arrive on new supplier rank for May.

6.Now i will do a comparison for May rank and April rank .

Now this goes on every month and i keep archiving my every month supplier data in a table and do current and previous month supplier rank comparison.

Hope i am clear now.

sunny_talwar

Now this goes on every month and i keep archiving my every month supplier data in a table and do current and previous month supplier rank comparison.

What I am confused about is the fact that you mention that you keep archiving this every month, but you don't want to archive this in a qvd? So, you plan to load all the Excel files everytime you reload the app, or somehow you want the application to archive this information for you?

Not applicable
Author

I want qlikview to archive this information for me.

In case qlikview cant do this....Just want to check the possibility to archive the every month qvd in single file... but i don't want to create  qvd for each month separately and load every month qvds for everytime i do comparison. For example : i have my april data qvd , then in month of may when i archive i should have the arpil month and may month data in a single qvd . So every time i just have to load a single archived qvd and the current month new table .

sunny_talwar

You can look into partial reload for archiving within QlikView. Although it is possible to do partial reload on servers, it would require some configurations which I am not full sure about. The idea behind partial reload is that, you just reload the new data while still keeping the existing data. This fits your need, but like I said, can be complicated.

On the other hand, you don't have to keep a single file for each day. You can timestamp your data and save them all in one single qvd. The process is called incremental reload and you will find 100 of discussions and blogs on this topic

Incremental Load in Qlikview - Sources

Not applicable
Author

Ok Thanks . Willcheck

Not applicable
Author

I tried doing incremental load , but the syntax in the attached not working. concatenate not working.

Qvd file 1 - Master QVD file .

Qvd file 2 - Increment QVD file . ( output table has same table structure as in qvd file 1 )

How should i insert records of qvd file 2 in qvd file 1.

sunny_talwar

syntax in the attached not working. concatenate not working.

attached? I don't see anything attached?

Not applicable
Author

i meant the attachment in the links you gave.

I have tried linking the qvd files using the Data tab "Qlikview files" . Temporary solves my case.Capture.PNG

But this is more of a manual task where i have go in the script and click on QlikView File and link it to my existing script. How can i automate it..So that i just run every month one script and this script add my data in my master qvd file .

So ,

Master.qvw   is with my month 1 data.

Increment.qvw script produces the  output table which has same table structure as in Master.qvw but for month 2

I want to add certain code in Increment.qvw script which can add its month 2 data in Master.qvw file.