Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wallacechen
Creator
Creator

Is Geoanalytics able to load raster image data from MsSql for basemap?

Hi,

Is Geoanalytics able to load raster image data from MsSql for basemaps?

If yes,could you please share your experience on this ?

Thanks,

7 Replies
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Hi Wallace,

As of now QGA reads only WKT which is vector data (points, line, polygons), no support for raster data.

Raster (image) data could be exposed as a WMS or TMS service to be consumed in QGA.

Here's a thread describing that:

Stack Overflow: Configuring WMS from a MSSQL data source

Thanks,

Patric

wallacechen
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Patric,

thanks for you answers. Does it mean QCA is only able to consume raster UAV image data via WMS , TMS , or Getanalytics Getmap map service?   Is it possible QCA can consume URL generated by Arcgis standard Map server that contains raster UAV  data in Mosaic arcgis database?  If not,  what it is typically time consuming for generating  WMS, TMS or Geanalytics getmap map service for UAV raster image data supposed it is 1GB for each image and totally 20 UAV images ?

Thanks ,

Wallace

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Hi Wallace,

Please refer to ArcGIS documentation to set up a proper image hierarchy for WMS for UAV images in ArcGIS.

For instance: Ortho mapping workspace for drone imagery—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop

I would expect there is a workflow for processing raw images that involves resampling for usage in different scale, color correction, geo referencing etc etc that in the end results in a ArcGIS WMS service with decent performance.

After that QGA can consume the ArcGIS WMS like any other source.

Thanks,

Patric

wallacechen
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Patric,

Appreciate it for your reply.  one more question is if geoanalytics has the functionalities to load UAV images via WMS AND still geoanalytics is able to put polygens, points and lines on top of the UAV  images as TMS  and WMTS? 

Thanks ,

Wallce 

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Hi Wallace,

Yes, if the polygons, points etc follow the same coordinate system as the WMS or TMS.

(WMTS is not supported).

Thanks,

Patric

wallacechen
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Patric,

I am using qlikview desktop,and using geoanalytics plus to load shape files either from mssql or via WFS and all successfully loaded in qlikview to show polygons on top of earth basemap.  Nevertheless, once it is about 1000 rows loaded to qlikview via geoanalytics plus, no matter using mssql or wfs, qlikview will just crash when 'clear all selection' trying to render back all 1000 polygens (rows) on the map. May  I ask what is the root cause for this?  Is this somehow limitation of geoanalytics? So I  should use geoanalytics server version  + qlikview server to have good scalability of geoanalytics to avoid any crash when using geoanalytics in qlikview?

Thanks,

Wallace

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Hi Wallace,

How complex are the polygons, how many points per polygon?

Consider using "Simplify", I often switch between different representations, showing a lower resolution when showing all polygons and then switching to high res when showing less than for instance 100 polygons. Use calculation conditions and two sep layers.

Thanks,

Patric