Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nikonmike
Contributor III
Contributor III

Library Colors for Dimension - Qlik Sense Geoanalytics

I have a Geoanalytics map with all our locations plotted and it works well.  I want to color code them by a specific type of vendor that services them (Produce company) and that works except for the coloring.  In the current test, I have 46 vendors, well below the 100 Color scheme.  However, it is reusing colors making it impossible to determine what vendor serves what location visually.

I also set up the dimension as a Master Item, assigned colors to each vendor then used that Master item for the colors and told Geoanalytics to use Library colors rather than the 100 Colors.  It appears to still be using the 100 Color scheme and refuses to use the Library colors I have picked.

Now if I use the standard Map in Qlik Sense, it will use the library colors, but has other limitations which is why I am not using it.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nikonmike
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Got it working!  Turns out that while we had been keeping up with the Qlik Sense updates, Geoanalytics had not been updated.  Applied the latest update today and Library Colors are working!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
nikonmike
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

So I deleted the Dimension and recreated it, but got the same results.  Also tried to use Library colors in another app for a different dimension and got the same results.  Is Library Colors broken in Geoanalytics?

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Sorry for trouble. Library colors works in QGA, see also the attached example.

Can you post an example?

library.png

Thanks,

Patric

nikonmike
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Here are some screen  shots:

The plots on the map are for two different vendors and should be a different color.  As you can see, they are the same color.Produce Map Example.PNG

Here is the Color setting for the Bubble layer:Library Colors.PNG

And here is the Dimension with the color set for the two vendors who are plotted on the above map.  You can see their color doesn't match the color used on the map.Procduce Company Color.PNG

I tested the dimension in a bar graph and they worked fine there.  I also created a new app and tried it the map again and it didn't work in that app either.  

We use the Enterprise version and are up to date on the latest version of Qlik Sense.

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Hi, for the coloring to work there should by one color per point. Perhaps there are several possible Produce Company per point. I suggest to create table with the point layer dimension and the Produce Company, is it a 1-1 match?

If there are several possible color values, the chart layer with pies can be a good alternative.

Thanks,
Patric
nikonmike
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Each point only has 1 Produce company, but each produce company can have multiple points.  The points are locations served by the produce company.  The idea is to map all our locations and color code them by their produce company so you can see who services what visually.

nikonmike
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Got it working!  Turns out that while we had been keeping up with the Qlik Sense updates, Geoanalytics had not been updated.  Applied the latest update today and Library Colors are working!