cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markadavies
Contributor III
Contributor III

Map not appearing when published

Hi I have installed GeoAnalytics on my QlikView Server and also on a client machine

I have created an app on the Client Machine with a GeoAnlytics map and a Bubble Layer which works OK.

This app has been copied to the QlikView Server and using Desktop on the Server the map works OK also

However when Published, the Map and the Bubble Layer do not appear

Am I missing a step on the Server Installation that is causing this, or any other ideas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jonas_Karlsson
Employee
Employee

Hi,

1. Make sure that you´ve installed QGA according to the installations instructions (attached)
  2. Does the QV server has an Internet connection?

BR

/Jonas

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Jonas_Karlsson
Employee
Employee

Hi,

1. Make sure that you´ve installed QGA according to the installations instructions (attached)
  2. Does the QV server has an Internet connection?

BR

/Jonas

markadavies
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Jonas

Many Thanks for your reply.

I followed the instructions you provided - I did make a small change to the installation the first time I did this as I noticed that the location of my Extensions folder appeared to be in a Custom Folder

So rather than selecting QlikView Desktop as Installation Type the first time, I used "Custom Installation".

Unfortunately I still have the same problem.

Couple of things ...

1) I do not have an 'Animator' extension in my folder though I do have all of the Idevio… extensions, don't know if this is a problem and I need to get the 'Animator' extension elsewhere?

2) I am trying to find if there is a Server Resource issue that my Server does not comply to such as an out of date Java install or something like that

Really appreciate your response as at least it has removed some uncertainties I had about the installation step

Mark

markadavies
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Oh, and sorry, the Server does have an Internet Connection
Jonas_Karlsson
Employee
Employee

Hi,

What version of QGA are you using? The animator was introduced for QlikView in Nov 2017.

JRE 64-bit is needed for the connector only, not the extensions.  

Make sure that everything is installed with the same user and right as the QlikView server.

And make sure the part to the extensions is right when activating the license, see attached pic.

BR

/Jonas

markadavies
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Jonas thank you, the pic you attached was very helpful

I realised that I did not have that path on my Server, so I created the ..\Extensions\Objects folder and extracted that extensions into that path, processed the install again, and it is now working!!!

My Best Regards to you for your help