Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmkhan12
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Points placed incorrectly when dimension is used in bubble layer

Hello there,

I am a new bee to Qlik GeoAnalytics .

I am using Lat long to display locations on a bubble map using GeomakePoint. All the locations are plotted correctly as per co coordinates when I am using Geomakepoint as a dimension. However, if use a different dimension which are in arabic , Locations are not loaded properly and plotted elsewhere.

Same issue with the KML when we used district as a dimension.

Please advice.

Below are the screenshots and KML

5 Replies
mmkhan12
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

I have investigate more on this issue,

Seems like I need to do remap.

and if the location itself does not exists with the name but only coordinates. Example on the road side, how could we alias (remap)

Could any one please suggest how to do a remap

Thanks

Mohammed Mustafa Khan

mmkhan12
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

I used remap syntax as  below but still it does not work, I am assuming we are having multiple rows of data with the same name.

"حائل": "حائــل"

Please advice

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Hi,

In QGA location info can be provided in the dimension or in the measure "Location".

The location info can either be geometries, like points or areas or location strings, which are sent to server for lookup.

In your case, to pickup up the KML geometries: specify [Saudi District KML.Area] as the location id.

The data files didnt contain any lat long, but I recommend using something unique as the point id and make sure that the lat and long expressions evaluates. If there are several points with the same name avg(lat) works.

Thanks,

Patric

mmkhan12
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thanks Patric,

I am using point dimension and area dimension for the map and for using associated name (region dimension in arabic ) in info bubble. However, If I need to add more than one dimension in info bubble i need to concatenate it, It is working ,but the dimension values are shown in single line.

I tried using new line and space using  char(10) & char(13) but unfortunately it is not working.

How can we have multiple dimension values with new line for each value in info bubble.

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Hi,

HTML tags can be used for formatting, '<BR>' make a new line.

https://bi.idevio.com/wp-content/qlik/qliksense/releases/IdevioMapsForQlikSense-5.12.1/imap_referenc...

Thanks,

Patric