Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

QV Geo Analytics Germany - Arealayer: Unsuccesfull location lookup Zip/Postal codes

Hi,

I'm using QlikView and GeoAnalytics more as 1,5 year now and we would like to do some new stuff and set up some maps in Germany.

I've looked up to the Coverage and saw the Postal/ Zip code area mapping is available in Germany, regarding to :

Qlik GeoAnalytics Coverage

Now I've created a file with some Postal Codes related to a city/ region. I've added a subset as example based on Braunschweig.

In the dataset there are 55 Postal codes available, but some of them aren't visible on the Map. Just as you can see on the image below, there are only a few postal codes visible.

GEO DE.JPG

What's going wrong, why are some postal codes visible and others aren't?

The Location ID I'm using is: =PC&','&Land. Example: 38001, DE. You'll see this in the added QVW example as well.

3 Replies
Ana_Yakushi
Employee
Employee

Hello,

Postal code areas for Germany were updated last week with data from March 2018.

However, the unresolved postal codes in your app are not part of the data. I made a quick search using Google maps and I didn't get any results either. Could it be that these are old postal codes, not in use anymore?

Best Regards,

Ana Yakushi

Qlik

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Helo Ana bqg,

These aren't old postal codes, they should been correct. For example:

Postal code 38049 is not visible on the map, but when I look it up at Google:

PLZ 38049, Ort Braunschweig - Bundesland Niedersachsen - Postleitzahl ZIP NPA

You'll see that the postal code adres does exist. So unfortunately ýour suggestion isn't correct.

Do you have anohter idea/ solution for it?

Ana_Yakushi
Employee
Employee

Hello,

It's really weird. I used google maps to search 2 different postal codes: 38100 (I got the area on the map) and 38049 (no result).

Then I used the link you provided and made a search that returns the postal code location on a map.

For 38049:

38049.jpg

Testing with 38100:

38100.jpg

For some reason, even when the search returns a register for 38049, the same site can't find the location on the map.

Same result using different sites:

Postleitzahl 38049 - Zeige Orte mit dieser PLZ

https://www.postdirekt.de/plzserver/

Could it be a P.O.Box address? Then maybe the best hit you will get it to use the city name for the lookup.

Best Regards,

Ana Yakushi

Qlik