cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Qlik GeoAnalytics February 2018 released

GeoAnalytics February 2018 is now available for download. Note that if users upgrade to Sense February they should upgrade to GeoAnalytics February.

Custom Themes and Sense colors in QGA

The coloring has been upgraded so we now take full use of all Sense color functions. QGA works with custom color palettes from themes and master item colors in measure and dimensions. You don’t have to use a custom color expression to reuse colors in maps and charts anymore.

Default map url

The map url don’t need to be in the app, simplifies deployment moving apps from development to production with multiple map servers.

More tile layers

We can now use tile map services that don’t set a proper http header.

And also some nice bug fixes: storytelling with multiple maps, FIPS support for federal customers, opacity correction for advanced popups.

Thanks,

Patric

6 Replies
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee
Author

FYI, there is known problem with color by expression, a patch is coming in the near future.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Patric

psublue98
Creator
Creator

Hi Patric - hope all is well. Was this issue resolved? I tested GA April SR1 using the color styler and color brewer themes; however most of the sequential color gradients get assigned as if they were classes instead of sequential.sequential_colorbrewer.PNG

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee
Author

Hi Arthur,

Yes, as of QGA Feb18 SR1.

When creating custom color scales, the "type" decides whether the scale should be "class" or "gradient":

"scales": [

{

"name": "Light colors sequential gradient",

"translation": "Light colors sequential gradient",

"type": "gradient",

"propertyValue": "sg",

"scale": [ "#8C8C8C", "#FBFBFB" ]

},

{

"name": "Light colors sequential classes",

"translation": "Light colors sequential classes",

"propertyValue": "sc",

"type": "class",

"scale": [ "#8C8C8C", "#FBFBFB" ]

},

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/April2018/Subsystems/Extensions/Content/CustomThemes/cus...

Thanks,

Patric

psublue98
Creator
Creator

Patric,

I'm getting an inconsistent result. In the color brewer theme (link in my previous post) I selected to gradients. The very first one works, but none of the other gradients seem to work. They end up being displayed as class. Pics below:

Color scheme "Sequential Gradient" working:

sequential_gradient_working.PNG

sequential_gradient_working_result.PNG

Color scheme "Sequential Purple 2" not working:

sequential_gradient_not_working.PNG

sequential_gradient_not_working_result.PNG

psublue98
Creator
Creator

Patric - I eventually figured out the issue with the colorbrewer and colorstyler themes I downloaded from other blog posts. The gradient propertyValue must end with sg or dg. In the pic above, "custsgPR2" won't be recognized, but "custPR2-sg" or "custPR2-dg" will properly display it as a gradient rather than class.

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee
Author

Hi Arthur,

I’ve been debugging the original theme in the post and it is most likely a cache issue, that’s why changes don’t take effect. To clear the cache in Qlik Sense Desktop: ctrl+shift+right mouse on the toolbar and open the DevTools:

devtools.png

Pick the Network tab, click “disable cache” and hit reload (F5).

cache.png

Thanks,

Patric