Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mananmehta900
Contributor III
Contributor III

Remove/Edit Tooltip values in Map chart type when map point is hovered upon in Qliksense.

MapPointHoverOver.png

I am unable to edit / remove these tool tip values. First one is when I color by Measure and the second is the Measure value. I haven't used any extensions. I've tried as much as I can (to remove the measure or to color automatically) but I am unable to get around it.  Any help is appreciated.

TIA

7 Replies
pamelabremer
Partner - Contributor III

Hi TIA,

Have you tried formating the bubble label as "custom"? In there, you can specify exactly what should appear.

I hope this helps. If not, let me know and I can try again to help.

Best regards,

Pam

mananmehta900
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello Pamela,

Thank you for your help. I do not see any such option on my Chart Properties (on the right pane). Are you using an extension? Also, would you please show me your tooltip pointing to one of the city/postal code like my tooltip in the Question.

TIA.

pamelabremer

Hi TIA,

I am not using an extension. I am using a bubble layer (for cities) and an area layer (for states). The "Presentation" panel is sometimes hard to find. If you mouse to the right and all the way down, you'll see when it turns into a pointing finger. Sometimes the panel is not visible until you have clicked on it once aleady. Inside the "Presenation" panel, there are different panels for example legend, color, etc, you want to select the one "Info Bubble" (I am working on a German version of Sense and I am imagining what the English names would be. In my shot, it is called "Darstellung"). Info Bubble is the one furthest down.

I'm also attaching a shot of my mouse hovering over a state - you can see the info bubble shows state name, population and sales. You can format the information how you like in the formula.

I hope this helps,

Pam

mananmehta900
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Pamela,

Thanks again for helping out. But the US / English version (Sept 2017) of Qliksense doesn't have such drop down or option under Appearance or Presentation Layer or any other properties mentioned in the attachment. Further, I have looked for the hidden properties all the way at the bottom but there was none. PFA below.

Properties_MAP.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Manan,

The map that used by Pamela was GeoAnalytics' map layer, which was probably not the same as the map that you used in your app.

To answer your question, there is no "Bubble Layer" for Qlik Sense' own map chart