Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Software available to convert Shp file to CSV file

Hi all,

I need to create a qlikmap using shp file.so I am trying to convert shp file to csv file using QGIS software it throws an error like invalid data source.But i am trying to convert another shp file its working.I need suggestion to  convert shp file to csv file using other software.

I need clarification while converting to csv file we need .shx /.dbf files also.

And also is there any possibility of getting wrong shape file. I need clarification and suggestion of software to be used while converting to csv file.Please help me.

Thanks in Advance!!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Harini - this section of the forum is for Qlik GeoAnalytics - the Qlik GeoAnalytics Connector (licensed) can use .shp files as is. Are you interested in learning more, or would you rather try to do this without the Connector.

I see I already answered this question for you here:

Re: How to implement Shape files in Multi layer?

If this is not related to Qlik - you may want to try another forum or look for a tool such as:

Convert Esri Shapefile (SHP) to a CSV File | Safe Software

Thanks

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Michael Tarallo (@mtarallo) | Twitter

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Harini - this section of the forum is for Qlik GeoAnalytics - the Qlik GeoAnalytics Connector (licensed) can use .shp files as is. Are you interested in learning more, or would you rather try to do this without the Connector.

I see I already answered this question for you here:

Re: How to implement Shape files in Multi layer?

If this is not related to Qlik - you may want to try another forum or look for a tool such as:

Convert Esri Shapefile (SHP) to a CSV File | Safe Software

Thanks

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Michael Tarallo (@mtarallo) | Twitter

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik