Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wallacechen
Creator
Creator

The most efficient way to load shape file from mssql to qlikview for geoanalytics

Hi,

does anyone know what is the most efficient way to load huge shape files from mssql to qlikview for geoanalytics with zoom in capabilities and also load other tables for other variables for data modelling with the shape files so that we can build up smooth experience in slice and dice interactive dashboard toggle between tables, charts , filter etc with maps ?

thanks

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Wallace,

I'd probably be using the QGA connector to load WKT format from Sql server and then using the simplify operation to bring down the size of the shapes to something workable within that memory constraints of a browser interface. What have you tried so far? What data type are the shapes stored in?

Cheers,

Rod

wallacechen
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Rob,

I am using qlikview desktop,and using geoanalytics plus to load shape files either from mssql or via WFS and all successfully loaded in qlikview to show polygons on top of earth basemap.  Nevertheless, once it is about 1000 rows loaded to qlikview via geoanalytics plus, no matter loaded using mssql or wfs, qlikview will just crash when 'clear all selection' trying to render back all 1000 polygens (rows) on the map. May  I ask what is the root cause for this?  Is this somehow limitation of geoanalytics? So I  should use geoanalytics server version  + qlikview server to have good scalability of geoanalytics to avoid any crash when using geoanalytics in qlikview?

Thanks,

Wallace

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Hi Wallace,

How complex are the polygons, how many points per polygon?

Consider using "Simplify", I often switch between different representations, showing a lower resolution when showing all polygons and then switching to high res when showing less than for instance 100 polygons. Use calculation conditions and two sep layers.

Thanks,

Patric