Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sajalgour2309
Contributor II
Contributor II

Upload KML on Geo analytics server

Hello guys,

I have few common KML (area) files which we all use across the company. We have qlik Geo analytics server up and running.
Is there any way I can upload these KML on server so that individual developer doesn't require to load the KML again and again in laod script and they can use directly from front end some how?

Regards,
Sajal

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

No, geodata can't be added to the server that way.

One option is to load the files and then store the geometries as QVD files, which then can added to apps. Faster and easier for the user. Please note, KML is a less optimal geo file format, I recommend using Shapefiles and load with the QGA connector instead. Use the operation Simplify to improve performance.

Another option is to keep the geometries outside of the app, and link in by reference. All QGA layers supports using GeoJSON files as geometry source.

In the attached example with New York City Council district. The data and geomtries are sourced from two sources and linked through the field "district"/"coun_dist":

See Layer Properties>Location Options:
Location Source: Dimension
Location Service Type: GeoJSON File
Source Key Attribute: coun_dist

Thanks,

Patric

View solution in original post

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

No, it has to be a url, and a location visible to the client or the QGA Server.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

No, geodata can't be added to the server that way.

One option is to load the files and then store the geometries as QVD files, which then can added to apps. Faster and easier for the user. Please note, KML is a less optimal geo file format, I recommend using Shapefiles and load with the QGA connector instead. Use the operation Simplify to improve performance.

Another option is to keep the geometries outside of the app, and link in by reference. All QGA layers supports using GeoJSON files as geometry source.

In the attached example with New York City Council district. The data and geomtries are sourced from two sources and linked through the field "district"/"coun_dist":

See Layer Properties>Location Options:
Location Source: Dimension
Location Service Type: GeoJSON File
Source Key Attribute: coun_dist

Thanks,

Patric

sajalgour2309
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you Patrick,
Is there any way we can point to any physical stored Geo json file instead of pointing on web server ?
Sajal
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

No, it has to be a url, and a location visible to the client or the QGA Server.