Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Visualizing an Outlier

All, I am new to QV.  I've taken a 2 day crash course so excuse me if this is a novice question.

I am trying to create a chart that visualizes an outlier.

I have over 100 projects that move in phases slowly - usually no more than 2 phases in a year.  So I want to create a chart (maybe scatter) that show deltas 1 - 5 in groups so that an outlier will stand out.

I currently have this load script:

StatusMap:
mapping LOAD * inline [

x, y
On Offer, 1
Requirements Discussion, 2
Planning Phase, 3
Building Phase, 4
Productive Phase, 5

Closed, 6];

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I think you are going to need to attach a sample app or further details on your use case, as I am not sure what it is you are trying to do with just an inline load here, no data, that is likely why you have not received any other feedback, so if you still need help, try providing further details, and I think someone will answer with some pointers, but given I am not sure what you want to do, and I am a pretty bad developer, I imagine the experts are confused as well here...  🙂  

You would be on the right track as far as using a Scatter Plot to analyze for outliers, so you are on the right track there, but what I think you are trying to do here is conduct 5 different analyses in the same Scatterplot along the 5 areas you have in the inline load statement?  You should be loading data for each of those 5 areas as well, and I think that is what likely had people confused here. 

Cheers,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.