Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sajalgour2309
Contributor II
Contributor II

Within Function Error

Hello Guys,

I want to do very simple thing but not sure why and where i am going wrong. I have a table in which i have got store's Lat, Lng  information and i have one KML file which has area location of different region.

Now i just want to use Within function of geoanalytics so that if user qlik on any Region area he will get stores in that region.

There is no direct relation or field on which i can join these tables. I have created a geo analytics connector and trying to load this but i am getting error of request time out (ran out of memory)

Is it because in my KML file polygon information is very big or something else is going wrong ?

Attached is one sample KML file and connector information i am using.Untitled.png

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Ok, if the areas is of super high resolution that can make memory run out. Here's some suggestions:

1. Install and use QGA Plus, then the "Within" will be executed on premise, sending to cloud is demanding.
  2. Run first run the QGA operation "Simplify" first on the areas. Note, that will make the areas smaller but not exactly align with the original areas.
  3. Consider is to splitting the operation in batches, specially if there are many base stations.

Thanks,
Patric

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

Make sure you only select the first table from the options shown after you select next
sajalgour2309
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello,

I am sorry i am not getting which table should i select first ?

Can you please point ?

Many Thanks

Sajal

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Hi,
The input looks ok except for the last Geometry type, change that to "Area" instead of "Point".

For me it helps to think that the first dataset is what we iterate over, like in this case: "For each BaseStation which Region is it Within?"

This is the same for all ops with two datasets, like Closest, Within, Intersects

Thanks,
Patric
sajalgour2309
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello Patric,

I was just waiting for your reply only. Every time i search anything related to Geo analytics i see your name coming up...

I have tried changing to Area instead of Point but still no luck. Error i am getting is object out of memory. Script fails when it tries to read data from KML (auto script which connector generates)

You are right i just want to know if i select any base station it should give me back a region in which it belongs. I have actual latitude and Longitude of base stations and i have one KML file (attached) which has area location. (There is no relation between these two table)

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Ok, if the areas is of super high resolution that can make memory run out. Here's some suggestions:

1. Install and use QGA Plus, then the "Within" will be executed on premise, sending to cloud is demanding.
  2. Run first run the QGA operation "Simplify" first on the areas. Note, that will make the areas smaller but not exactly align with the original areas.
  3. Consider is to splitting the operation in batches, specially if there are many base stations.

Thanks,
Patric

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Patric_Nordstrom 

I have a server for GeoAnalytics, do I just need to change the URL? If so, is there a syntax? I'm using https://myIP but it doesn't work.

Thanks,

Luis

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous the map server needs a valid certificate, self signed won't work, and hence ip address won't work. has to be a match domain - certificate.

Thanks,

Patric