cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

creating new regions from cities(geo analytics) - drill down

Hello all,

I have an urgent question. I am having a bit trouble to do multiple layers in geo analytics. I have a city table. Firstly, I want to divide them into 4 regions (each region contains 15 cities for ex.) and see them on map with necessary calculations. Actually those 4 regions have names in another table. However, geo doesnt understand them ofcourse. After all these, when i click on one of these regions, I should see the each cities that belongs to that region with its calculations. I am planning to use the extension showhide to do drill down.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you

hic

4 Replies
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Check out this tutorial, another extension is not necessary.

Qlik GeoAnalytics - Creating a Drill-down Area Map

The drill down support is very flexible, choose whether the drill down layer should consist of a single layer or multiple layer. And if the location info should be in the dimension or the measure, here's the pros and cons:

Single layer, drill down group as dimension

Quick to setup but requires location info not to be ambiguous in the drill down group

Single layer, location in the location measure

Simple, suitable for adding location info when the drill down group is not enough.

Multi layer, drill down group as dimension

Full control of layer appearance, can have different layer types per level, but requires location info not to be ambiguous in the drill down group

Multi layer, with calculation conditions

Same as to the left but suitable for adding location info when the drill down group is not enough.

Thanks,

Patric

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Patric,

I am actually trying to find another solution without acquiring a new tool like this. Can you suggest another solution to my problem like scripting solution?

Regards

Ahmet

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Qlik GeoAnalytics and the native map chart as of Sense April 2018 can do drill down.

Thanks,

Patric

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It helped a lot. Thanks Patric

Ahmet