Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

qlikview with section access working fine in qlikview server but not opening in access point

hi

i have a the following dummy section access piece which work perfectly fine for me when i run the .qvw file in my desktop qlikview or in my friend's but fails when run in server. please help me find out the reason . thanks in advance.

star as *;

section access;

Section Access;

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS, NTNAME,REDUCTION

ADMIN,R02\X1,' '

USER,*,YES

];

Section Application;

LOAD * INLINE [

REDUCTION_1,REDUCTION

YES,YES 

NO,NO

];

the logic behind is X1 should be the admin and other user should be the USER and have access to restricted data.This is just a dummy data.

this is working fine in my machine where i am the admin and my friends who is an user. everything from  strict exclusion to upper case in section access is done . the problem is it doest even open for  me in the access point.

please let me know your suggestion.

regards

pradosh

Learning never stops.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II
Author

hi Stefan

i figured out what was wrong and implemented the same. The script was right and i just have to add the service user account id as admin. While reloading in Access point it reload as per the access of the service account name.

in the inline script i just have to add the NTNAME of service account user and give the admin rights in an extra line and everything worked just perfect.

regards

pradosh

Learning never stops.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Have you added the QV server service account user to the section access table with star symbol in REDUCTION field?

Is your NTNAME user directory added in QMC?

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II
Author

hi stefan

thank you for the reply.

I guess i was not specific. Here are the details.

Lets say AD group has 10 users who should open the document. Out of the 10 , x1  need to see all data and others need to see restricted data. Users can be more so not added in the security table. admin are very less so their details can be loaded from a table from the data base or a qvd. Here to avoid confusion i have used inline.

After i unchecked the strict exclusion and i was able to open the document  in Access point. but it is still considering me (x1 ) as user and i can see only the restricted data.

star as *;

section access;

Section Access;

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS, NTNAME,REDUCTION

ADMIN, R02\X1 , *

USER,*,YES

USER,DUMMY,NO

];

Section Application;

LOAD * INLINE [

REDUCTION_1,REDUCTION

YES,YES

NO,NO

];

is it because for user access * (star) is as NTNAME so it is considering everything as user and restricting data for  x1 also. and if i replace first line in section access as second and second as first will it make any diffrence? i.e

Section Access;

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS, NTNAME,REDUCTION

USER,*,YES

ADMIN, R02\X1 , *

USER,DUMMY,NO

];

Section Application;

i don't have publisher access as of now . will try it and let you know if it worked . please let me know if there is any solution to this .

thanks

pradosh

Learning never stops.
swuehl
MVP
MVP

On the server, there is no difference between ACCESS modes, all users will be treated as USER, i.e. they don't have access to all data per Default even if they are ADMIN.

You would need to set up the section access reduction field values appropriately if you want a user to access all data.

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II
Author

hi Stefan

i figured out what was wrong and implemented the same. The script was right and i just have to add the service user account id as admin. While reloading in Access point it reload as per the access of the service account name.

in the inline script i just have to add the NTNAME of service account user and give the admin rights in an extra line and everything worked just perfect.

regards

pradosh

Learning never stops.