We are running both Qlik Sense Enterprise and Qlik Insight Bot on Feb 2020 release.For our use case we needed to use a virtual proxy which was not the...
We are running both Qlik Sense Enterprise and Qlik Insight Bot on Feb 2020 release.
For our use case we needed to use a virtual proxy which was not the central proxy (default) and so it had a prefix in the url.
We found that when trying to use the extension we got a error message in the chat windows that said:
"something went wrong. Please contact your administrator"
By looking at the network trace in the browser console we found that the Qlik Insight Bot extension malformed the address when making API requests to the Web Chat Service.
The address for the api call was being formed as:
This lead to the error being returned.
I extracted the contents of the zip file for the extension and found an error in the code in this file:
The code snippet that is incorrect read as so:
window.location.origin + o + "/api/wcs/v1/send/message"
it needed to be amended to include + "/" + between the window.location.origin and o like so:
window.location.origin + "/" + o + "/api/wcs/v1/send/message"
Once i had made this edit i re-zipped the extension files and imported in to the QMC.
The extension now works perfectly with a proxy prefix or without.
I have logged this with Qlik Support as a possible bug.
Provided here for my fellow insight botters in case you come across the same problem.