Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ranjsanj
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qliksense monitoring apps are failing with error -'QVX_unexpected_end_of data

Hi,

We are using multinode environment and have Windows FORMS authentications.

I am aware about the resolution mentioned in below link and a qlik article also on the same issue:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense-Enterprise-Documents/Monitoring-Apps-Failed-with-error-QVX-...

I have one doubt before the applying approach. Will it expose the existing Forms authentication to Windows authentication as we have multiple rim nodes(proxy) in our environment.

Also how we will control the app so that it should not run on central node. Please help

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
s_kabir_rab
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi @ranjsanj - As @Tyler_Waterfall  stated, I found that amending the existing REST connectors used by the monitor apps to use certificate is the best approach. That way you do you have to add additional virtual proxy henceforth reducing the overhead on supporting it in future. Just be mindful that sometimes new REST connectors are added with the new version of QSE on Windows when there are new API end points are being introduced which is being used in one of the monitor apps. You will have to make changes to them as well when that happens.

Hope this helps. 

Kabir
Please do not forget to the mark the post if you find it useful or provides you the solutions 🙂

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

It is true that you cannot reload Monitor Apps if you only have a FORMS virtual proxy because the monitor_apps_REST_* data connections need to authenticate.

You can either create a virtual proxy with Windows authentication, just for the Monitor apps. Or you could implement certificates with the REST data connections which would obviate the need for the Windows virtual-proxy.

s_kabir_rab
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi @ranjsanj - As @Tyler_Waterfall  stated, I found that amending the existing REST connectors used by the monitor apps to use certificate is the best approach. That way you do you have to add additional virtual proxy henceforth reducing the overhead on supporting it in future. Just be mindful that sometimes new REST connectors are added with the new version of QSE on Windows when there are new API end points are being introduced which is being used in one of the monitor apps. You will have to make changes to them as well when that happens.

Hope this helps. 

Kabir
Please do not forget to the mark the post if you find it useful or provides you the solutions 🙂
ranjsanj
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you Kabir.

Through certificate, it works perfectly. I used as per below link and issue is resolved.

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000048247

s_kabir_rab
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Happy that it worked for you. 🙂

Kabir