mostal75
Contributor III
Contributor III

2 filters on users

Hello

I have 2 filters linked (2 dimensions) to a specific user:

- Filter 1 with dimension n°1 with value A

- Filter 2 with dimension n°2 with value A

On day 1 the 2 dimensions have values A filled in my app. But on the next day only 1 dimension have value A filled.

I have 2 reports to generate, with loops on dimensions 1 and 2 respectively.

I put my user (with 2 filters) on report generation. It works when the 2 filters have user values filled but failed when one of the value is empty...no overridden possible !

Failed generation of report 6acb7af7-3e52-4c94-b137-147bce6dfa63 for user 3f5e3c82-fba0-4bd8-a4c0-07b2a42c3935. ERROR: Cannot apply filter Filters: ...... Void: False to current document data. Requested fields with evaluates are:

Do you have any idea please ?

Regards

Regis

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Filters are CONNECTION BASED

If report 1 and report 2 are using the same connection then the filters are applied on both reports at the same time.

If you want to apply independent user filters on your reports you need to run your 2nd report under different connection (create second connection to the same document, export report and import it by linking it to new connection and create d 2 filter of the new connection).

By doing this your filters will not conflict and you will not need "safety plug"i mentioned in my previous post.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Your NPrinting version is very old (Qlik NPrinting 17.0 as per your label version you indicated when posting your question), so first thing you should do is an upgrade to stable version.

Now, the behaviour of your filters is working as designed. You are requesting NPrinitng to filter your report for user to show dim 1  =A and dim 2=A.

Because criteria is not met report generation fails as this user does not meet your intersected filter.

Since you still want to run your report you probably should introduce "safety plug"in form of additional value in your filter which will be always present and available to select from your filters, but this value does not have to be linked to any fact. Selecting this value will be possible, but it will not change your results.

So please remodel your qlik application to always allow for selection of filter 1 and filter 2 with the filters beeing:

Filter 1 = dim 1: values A and <Empty>

Filter 2 = dim 2: values A and <Empty>

so even if you dont have value A available there is still possibility of selecting <Empty> which returns no results, but is possible to select so your report does not error.

If you want to add sample of your app or create a dummy qvw or qvf file than we can play with actual sample.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
mostal75
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello

Thanks a lot for your response.

I have june 2019 N Printing version in fact.

To be sure to understand the filter on dim1 is used for one report and the filter on dim2 is used for another report. That's why i don't understand the error, there is only one filter used for each report.

Do you think linking another field resolved the issue ?

Regards

Régis
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Filters are CONNECTION BASED

If report 1 and report 2 are using the same connection then the filters are applied on both reports at the same time.

If you want to apply independent user filters on your reports you need to run your 2nd report under different connection (create second connection to the same document, export report and import it by linking it to new connection and create d 2 filter of the new connection).

By doing this your filters will not conflict and you will not need "safety plug"i mentioned in my previous post.

mostal75
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks a lot

You right that's the solution.

It could interesting to have a parameter yo avoid connections multiplications but your Idea will work for sure. For example a category to add to filters and reports

Thank you very much