Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mwallman
Creator III
Creator III

3 Questions about NPrinting server backups. Can NPrinting team help answer it?

Hello NPrinting group.

Happy new year!

I have some questions about NPrinting backups.

I have read this: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2020/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Backup-res...

but am not sure about these questions:

1) Does the backup include the report templates or does that need to be copied seperately when backing up NPrinting server?

2) What about things like the NewsStand archives, is that included in the backups?

3) We want to restore a backup from a server, to another server with a different hostname. Does the backup process need to be any different for this?

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

@mwallman 

Check this procedure which should answer most of your questions.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Support-Knowledge-Base/How-to-BackUp-and-Restore-Qlik-NPrinting-Reposi...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Here are the answers what i have done recently

1) Does the backup include the report templates or does that need to be copied seperately when backing up NPrinting server? : It includes the template

2) What about things like the NewsStand archives, is that included in the backups? : Only part you need to create same structure how newsstand folders are created in Environment2 from Environment1

3) We want to restore a backup from a server, to another server with a different hostname. Does the backup process need to be any different for this? : No, Below link what @Frank_S  gave the same we need to do

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful