Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AyCe1082
Creator
Creator

A "Personal Edition" glitch seems to be regularly stalling NPrinting schedules.

Hi, I am having daily issues with NPrinting 16 getting stuck at the beginning of a run. I am pretty sure the problem is this odd bug where QV thinks it is the Personal Edition and prevents the document from opening. We have been using the same NP and QV for years and this is a recent problem. It also does not happen 100% of the time but it is frequent enough to be a big problem.

Can someone help solve this?

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

To start with this is not supported version and it is not even the latest version of NPrinting 16 so therere is no official support.

• which version of QlikView are you using with it?
  • Is the server and desktop QlikView client on the same version?
  • Is that version supported as per support matrix : https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Documents/Requirements-for-QlikView-NPrinting-16-x-x-x-...
  • how do you assign license do the nprinting service account (is it dedicated desktop client license or is it UserCAL leased from server - if it is how do you lease it?
  • is your NPrinitng connected to QlikView server (using qvp connection or Local?)
    • if Local your license may expire after 30 days and needs manual refresh
  • is that account used to use QlikView desktop by someone else (for example admins doing some dev work on other machines) - if it is then you may have your answer
cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I want to add to it more:

• do you have any macros in your QlikView document (those can also prompt for permission causing NPrinting to stop)
  • do you have any "Reload" tasks in your NPrinting?
  • are your QVW fully supported (for example: no triggers... no always one selected etc...) 
    • I know we can argue that "it worked before", but the argument that those unsupported items may or may not work...
cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
AyCe1082
Creator
Creator
Author

The Qlikview version is 12.10 SR9, which is not compatible in the matrix.

There are no triggers or macros or reload tasks. NPrinting is on a different machine but connected Local and has its own licence key.

is that account used to use QlikView desktop by someone else (for example admins doing some dev work on other machines) - if it is then you may have your answer

QV is only used on the machine with the Qlikview server installed and licenced.

I tried a manual refresh and waited a couple of days but the problem still exists.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

QlikView NPrinting 16.* is no more supported. I strongly suggest you to migrate to Qlik NPrinting 17+ (latest is February 2021).

Use a version of QlikView Desktop that is supported based on the matrix linked by @Lech_Miszkiewicz 

It seems a problem with a license leased from the server that is not available sometimes. Please use a Named CAL or a license key and control number. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.