Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hello  , this is all the steps i made

-already modify designer exe with the compatibilty tab "run as administrator'

-Stop and restart all the nprinting services

-Already uninstall/install office 2016

-cannot change the zoom level

About the Add in  , should i delete the add in in excel?

ALEX1977ALEX
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

There is no active add in! =>always the same issue

My customer don't understand what's going on.

Word and Powerpoint template ==>OK

Excel template ==>KO

Frank_S
Support
Support

Alex,

RDP session will take the settings of your desktop computer that you are accessing the remote server with. This mean you would need to update your desktop settings (and all attached monitors) to 100 percent....then reboot your computer and retest.

If this doesn't work please start a support request.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

The error is "can't find a supported template editor" so I suppose you are using an unsupported version of Microsoft Office or you have issues in its installation. Supported versions are listed in https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/System-requirem...

You can also try to uninstall and reinstall Office.

I used the Designer via RDP many times without issues but we suggest to avoid to use it on the Server to avoid restarts due to the Designer.

Best Regards,

Ruggero 

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
ALEX1977ALEX
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hello Ruggero

I have already uninstall/install Office 2016 

In fact powerpoint and word are ok with nprinting , but only with excel it ' s failed.

I need to wait my admin in order to configure the 100% zoom in the display setting for excel but it seems very bizarre

May can we make a meeting in order to show you where is the problem?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

To organize a meeting please open a support ticket with the link to this conversation. A support team member will answer you.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
marcus_sommer

Before looking for any errors within NPrinting or Office and re-installing it again and again makes sure that the mentioned folder/files exists and your user has access to. Further take a look if (all features) of ActiveX are enabled on the machine and for your user. Especially on servers it's not seldom that not everything is installed, activated and then enabled for all users.

- Marcus

ALEX1977ALEX
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hello Marcus

My IT TEAM cannot change the displaying/settings up to 100% they are on remote mode too

so we have always this issue

About Activex on Excel , i made some verification but can i have some link in order to check if it is ok

Cheers Alexandre

marcus_sommer

I'm not an expert to this matter and therefore I couldn't provide any detailed hints. Just struggled once or twice for many years with such stuff and solved my issues with some researches on google and some trial & error. It's definitely not a nice job - I hope you have some experienced guys within your team.   

- Marcus

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@ALEX1977ALEX 

It might seem bizarre to change the resolution as a fix, but it is what fixes this in most cases.

Not sure if this shared already.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/NPrinting-Designer-does-not-open-preview-Fails-or-other-temp...

Kind regards,

Maria Halley