for your info Powerpoint/Word ==>Ok Excel =>OK

Alexandre

Labels (2)
25 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @Frank_S 

You say: "RDP session will take the settings of your desktop computer that you are accessing the remote server with" - In my opinion it is not true. This is my home setup:

• For all my work I use MacBook at home. Since most development I do as cocnsultant I dont need QlikView or Qlik Sense locally
  • For those rare scenarios when I do need windows machine I have my Laptop/PC with Windows 10 Pro which is in my network
  • To avoid swapping laptops all the time my PC is running in my cabinet all the time and I just RDP to it from my MacBook
  • I also have NPrinting Server and Designer installed on my PC computer and here is the 100% zoom scenario:
    • When I change it on my PC to recommended 250% (I have Dell XPS 13 with 4K hence such recommendation) even when I RDP to it from my Mac the issue with NPrinting designer is still there. Designer loaded with strange rendering all over the place and was unstable and not "workable"
    • I had to change zoom level on my PC to 100% and then when I did RDP to it it all worked well.

I thought I will just highlight that here, so we dont exclude need of making sure settings on server are also done to 100%. I guess this is mainly applicable to Win 16 and Win 19 servers...  

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

To add to it - I guess it is worth mentioning that in my scenario it is iOS to Win RDP session which may behave different than Win to Win RDP

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
ALEX1977ALEX
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hello everyone,

I had a feedback from my it team

It was already 100% about the displaying , so what next?

I have create a support with the link of this topic in order to have a meeting by the way.

My customer dont understand the issue

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

It is a requirement documented in https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/System-requirem...

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
ALEX1977ALEX
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hello

To my mind we have all the requirement  (we are in 100 %  display in the control Panel) but we have always this issue of Activex Excel when we want edit the template...ALEX1977ALEX_0-1631799195969.png

Frank_S
Support
Support

Please start a support request if none of the solutions provided are working for you so that a more thorough and direct investigation may be performed.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!