cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Access to QlikView shared server objects from NPrinting

Hello!

I'm new to NPrinting and I'm stuck on an issue to access user created objects in NPrinting reports.

A QlikView Server's user created some personal objects (tables, graphs, etc.) through the Access Point; later they were shared with other users and even added on their personal sheets (so not just shared, also used if it matters). Objects were also shared with NPrinting service account and it has access to them.

But I'm failing to design NPrinting reports: no access either to personal server objects or shared server objects in NPrinting Designer; it only shows objects which were originally stored in qvw document and thus available for everyone within server access.

I tried to use different server/document identification in NPrinting connection, but to no avail (cache generates successfully, but still no server objects).

Am I missing something? Is there a proper way to access collaboration objects?

Configuration: NPrinting 17.4 // QlikView Server 12.10, both installed on the same machine Win Server 2008 R2 (dev environment), properly licensed.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Elena,

NPrinting is designed only to read embeded object. Server objects are not supported!!!

therefore you will not be able to achieve what you are trying to.

The reason behind it is obvious - server objects can be deleted/changed anytime by user. NPrinting needs to be based on solid templates (objects which will not change accidently) and server objects are not "rock solid", so  this can not be achieved using server objects.

cheers

Lech

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Elena,

NPrinting is designed only to read embeded object. Server objects are not supported!!!

therefore you will not be able to achieve what you are trying to.

The reason behind it is obvious - server objects can be deleted/changed anytime by user. NPrinting needs to be based on solid templates (objects which will not change accidently) and server objects are not "rock solid", so  this can not be achieved using server objects.

cheers

Lech

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Lech! Thank you for your help!