Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Access violation error only occurs with specific fields

I use NP designer to create an excel report. When I use the "Add Page" feature to add "Sales rep" as the page field, it always give me the following error when I hit "preview":

Access violation at address 01C8CB32 in module 'NPrinting.exe'. Read of address 00000000

I have a table that stores the sales rep information such as rep name, rep team and rep group. Not just the rep name I mentioned above, if I use rep team or group, I will get the same error. If I use other fields for example the product category, year or whatever, it worked fine.

Does anyone know why? Thanks a lot!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Couple things for you to consider and try.

1)     Any chance you have any null values in your sales rep table?  You can build a table box in QV to view all records

2)     Are you using Section Access in your QV document?  If so, what user name and password did you set up to access your QV document in the Source setup in Nprinting

3)     Try saving the Excel template with your sales rep paging, then build a task for this report and run the task so that you can see the log and see what is causing the error.  It should at least tell you what step in the process it is failing

If you have not resolved it, please post the screen shot of the log so that perhaps the forum members can help further

Hope that helps get you going  

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If you are still getting your error, can you post a screen shot of your template screen, with the page + expanded to see what you are using for your paging option.  Might be helpful to see the report fields expanded as well.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mike,

See the screenshots below.

Error.png

Error1.png

For the sales rep ID, I added a filter (picked some sales reps) to the report and previewed it again, the error disappeared. The report was created successfully. But the Sales Rep Team page option still cannot work even with the filters. I am confused.

My guess...

1. Is it possible that it has something to do with the field name?

2. Could it be related to the data size?

Thanks,

Agnes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Couple things for you to consider and try.

1)     Any chance you have any null values in your sales rep table?  You can build a table box in QV to view all records

2)     Are you using Section Access in your QV document?  If so, what user name and password did you set up to access your QV document in the Source setup in Nprinting

3)     Try saving the Excel template with your sales rep paging, then build a task for this report and run the task so that you can see the log and see what is causing the error.  It should at least tell you what step in the process it is failing

If you have not resolved it, please post the screen shot of the log so that perhaps the forum members can help further

Hope that helps get you going  

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

What is the latest Agnes?

Are you still working through this or did you get it resolved?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mike, Sorry for the delay!

I just checked #1 and I think this could be the sticking point here. I do have null values.

So in order to use the page function smoothly, I need to make sure there is no null values in the table right?

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Check whether you have Section Access in your app?  If yes then give full access to the user which you are using to login .

Regards,

Jagan.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hard to imagine you would have sales without a sales rep name attached.   However, the better place to resolve would probably be in your QV loadscript.  When loading your SalesRep field with your data, use this

if(SalesRep<> Null(), SalesRep,'Other') as SalesRep

This will assign all Null values to the name Other, which you can replace with whatever you want.

I have read several posts on this forum about issues when using null values in cyclic groups and paging.

Good Luck

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot Mike! It is really helpful!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Jagan, it turned out I have null values in my sales rep table.