I've created a report and I just can edit it anymore, every time I try I get the following error "violation at address 00402B5A in module 'NPrinting.exe'.Write of addresse 00000004."
The funny part is I can still run the task for this report without any problem.
Can someone help me please.
Have you ever successfully running it on the access point?
If you have and If I have to guess, maybe there is a typo, a space somewhere in the extension part?
otherwise, I am guessing an access issue?
I had errors after the office app crashed and there was a lock file left for the template.
Check for the same filename starting with ~ and delete it manually if it is there.
This is a limited environment, so not much restrinction in section access and I already have 5 other apps with the same section access that don't give error.
I've checked to insure the template wasn't open but it's not before the error.
I've even try to reboot the server, didn't serve my cause either.
template does not have to be open - just the lock file is still there. But in that case you will probably have same problem also when running the task.
Which version do you use? I found this in the 16.4 release notes:
Using <deleterow> multiple times in a row caused Nprinting crashes
Using multiple <deleterow> statements in the same row of an Excel report template caused NPrinting crashes with the error:”Access violation at address 00402B5A in module 'NPrinting.exe'. Write of address 00000004”. It is not normal to add many <deleterow> statements in the same row, but starting from this release it is allowed.
Also have a look here Configuring and Troubleshooting NPrinting Server Service and Schedules
and the answer for this thread has good pointers Error: Access violation at address 015932B4 in module 'NPrintingSvc.exe'
My bad I was refering to the lock file and not actually the template.
As for the version I'm using 16.5 and I tend to agree with you that using multple <deleterow> on the same row is not something I would suggest no matter the version
Thanks for those links but their refer to the server, access point and section access.
As I've mention I can run the report thru a task, job, schedule without any error, I just can't edit it anymore with the designer.
Maybe one more thing that helped me at times - copy the template under new name and use it in the report instead of the original one.
Anyway - your best bet would be contacting the support.