Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
polisetti
Creator II
Creator II

Add 2 Dimension in Page option (Qlik Nprinting PPT Template)

Hi All,

I want to add Country and Category dimensions in the Page option that we get in  PPT Template Qlik Nprinting. But when I added two dimension it throws the below error.

Capture.PNG

Please highlight if this is a limitation.

Thanks,

Jaswanth

2 Replies
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Hi 

in order to use two dimensions in page functionality ,

you need to select a table with the 2 dimensions in the order you want them to be looped 

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I agree with above and want to visualize this little bit more as there are 2 ways of doing this:

1. If you have a measure which needs to be produced accross 2 dimensions (for example Sum of sales by Country & Region) then you need to build a table with Dimensions: Country and Region and Expression Sum(Sales) and use this object in your Page Entity in NPrinintg PowerPoint template. Using this solution will avoid creating empty charts for combination where measure does not return value.
  2. Second solution is to concatenate 2 fields in script and using concatenated field in your page. This solution will go through all values in the field regardles of it producing value for measure or not.

hope this helps!

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.