cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Patrick_Ruijter
Contributor
Contributor

Add ReportName in a Word document

Is it possible to add the report name to a Word document or Excel document as a variable in stead of typing the file name?

If I change the report name I have to change the name in the report editor as well.

In the header I want to have same values like the report name.

Labels (2)
5 Replies
joaopaulo_delco
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi @Patrick_Ruijter !

Yes, it's possible. Just enable dynamic naming, choose "Qlik varialble" option and choose your qlik variable.

joaopaulo_delco_0-1615574670458.png

I'm using September 2020 version.

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
Patrick_Ruijter
Contributor
Contributor
Author

That is not what I meant. I want the name you mentioned as a title on a Word or Excel document. 

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

in that case use variable or NPrinitng function in your template editor.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Patrick_Ruijter
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks, but how do I get the reportname in Nprinting as a variable or function in de Template Editor so I can add the name to the document?

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Sorry I dont know what are you talking about... Can you screenshot and mock up what you are trying to do?

If you are refering to the fact that when you change Title of the report in NPrinitng admin console you would like to have the same name to be updated somehow automaticly inside the template then there is no way to achieve this. Those 2 are not realated in any way.

On the other hand if you are talking about output file name  - that can be dynamic by use of varibles (just like we mentioned above) and the same can be used as variable in your report. Then the single point of change would be in Qlik Sense variable

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.