cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding NPrinting User in Qlik sense QMC

Hi Guys,

I installed NPrinting Server on one Machine and Qliksense Server on the other Machine, and this both Machines are on the same Network, but the issue now is, i am unable to add My NPrinting user in to Qliksense QMC Users list. and in the Latest version of Qliksense QMC their is no option for Local users in User directory connection, the only thing we have to do is just login in to the hub using NPrinting user credentials then only that user will get added in QMC, but when i do that i am getting User not Authenticated error , hear i think i am missing very basic thing which i am completely clue less, Please help me guys.

Thanks in Advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hello @Anonymous 

Please note that if you want to add the NPrinting service user AD domain account to the QMC users list, you must simply:

1. Attempt log onto the Qlik sense hub as active directory user account for the NP service just once. Access will be denied.

2. then you will see that user in the QMC users list (assuming that are using active directory already with Qlik sense).

3. at this point if your object is to make that np service user account the rootadmin for the nP service account (which is a requirement), you may now do so with a QMC administrator user account that has permission to update the security role for QS users.

Otherwise, there is no need to add NP users to Qlik Sense...unless they need access to the underlying Qlik Sense applications which is outside the scope of NPrinting. NPrinting has its own roles and security permissions separate from Qlik Sense (and qlikview for that matter).

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
kenphamvn
Creator III
Creator III

Hi

You can not login into Qlik Sense by using User from Npriting Server, because it's Local User, can not Authenticate from other server (Sense Sever), Please using Domain User if you want using 1 user for two system (Qlik Sense and Npriting)

Regards,

An Pham

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Pham ,

Thank you for your Quick response, you mean to say that, i should create a domain in the central server and add this NPrinting user and Qliksense User under that domain, then only i can able to Access or Add NPrinting User in to Qliksense QMC ?

then in that case, i Need to reinstall NP server and Sense server using the Domain Name as i should give that dome as Log on  as service.

OR

can i directly change the Log on as Domain Name under Local services option.

kenphamvn
Creator III
Creator III

Hi

if you want Connecting Qlik NPrinting with Qlik Sense and add NPrinting User in to Qliksense QMC, windows user must also be a domain user.

Note:

1.Create User Nprinting with domain account

1-2-2018 2-38-30 PM.png

2.Creating a user directory connector and Synchronizing with user domain

Synchronizing with user directories ‒ Qlik Sense

then in that case, i Need to reinstall NP server and Sense server using the Domain Name as i should give that dome as Log on  as service.

OR

can i directly change the Log on as Domain Name under Local services option.

if it's new system, the best way is reinstall after two server join into a domain, other way you can change user service as link bellow

http://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/3.2/Subsystems/Installation/Content/InstallationLicensing/Changing-...

Regards

An Pham

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hello @Anonymous 

Please note that if you want to add the NPrinting service user AD domain account to the QMC users list, you must simply:

1. Attempt log onto the Qlik sense hub as active directory user account for the NP service just once. Access will be denied.

2. then you will see that user in the QMC users list (assuming that are using active directory already with Qlik sense).

3. at this point if your object is to make that np service user account the rootadmin for the nP service account (which is a requirement), you may now do so with a QMC administrator user account that has permission to update the security role for QS users.

Otherwise, there is no need to add NP users to Qlik Sense...unless they need access to the underlying Qlik Sense applications which is outside the scope of NPrinting. NPrinting has its own roles and security permissions separate from Qlik Sense (and qlikview for that matter).

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!