Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeevanar
Contributor II
Contributor II

Adding total to a stacked Bar Chart

Hello .

How can we add a total in the stacked bar chart... as there is no option for me do that

I have created a table in qliksense  as below

Customer wise volume.

Total grouped to be used in the chart.

Jeevanar_1-1624617622918.png

Below screenshot is the chart implemented in Pixel perfect.

where I am able to add point labels inside the stack, I am unable to add a total

Jeevanar_0-1624617461038.png

Please help

@Ruggero_Piccoli  as I saw your article on Create a sorted stacked bar chart in PixelPerfect

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Ruggero_Piccoli_0-1624632512459.png

You already created the column with the totals in the source straight table. Refresh the connection cache then close and reopen the Designer. Run the wizard to edit the chart. 

Ruggero_Piccoli_1-1624632653244.png

In the Series, Add one called Totals of type Points

Ruggero_Piccoli_2-1624632729767.png

Customize the appearance in Point Labels and run a preview.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

Jeevanar
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello Ruggero,

Thank you so much for your solution.

Regards Arjun

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I am not sure if there is better way of doing it, but my solution is to create grouping dimension to represent total and treat total as the last value of the stack

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Sorry, I have not understood. You want to display in the chart the total of each column? Or do you mean a total as the sum of all columns in the chart?

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Jeevanar
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello Ruggero,

I need the total  to be displayed like this as shown below

Jeevanar_0-1624619291329.png

for this I have created group in my qliksense object 

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Ruggero_Piccoli_0-1624632512459.png

You already created the column with the totals in the source straight table. Refresh the connection cache then close and reopen the Designer. Run the wizard to edit the chart. 

Ruggero_Piccoli_1-1624632653244.png

In the Series, Add one called Totals of type Points

Ruggero_Piccoli_2-1624632729767.png

Customize the appearance in Point Labels and run a preview.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
Jeevanar
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello Ruggero,

Thank you so much for your solution.

Regards Arjun