Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
varaprasad0816
Creator II
Creator II

Airline Code doesn't have table information which report is not getting in NPrinting

Hi,

I have 3 tables in Qlik NPrinting Pixel perfect which are having 3 different filters with hard coded (SLA Type : Uptime, Resolution, Other)

I am passing airline code and date filter through report level, but some of the airline codes doesn't have the data in those three tables, hence i am getting error while previewing the data.

so, i tried with task level by passing these filters to get an Email with attachment but not getting even Email for those airline codes because which doesn't have the data in respective 3 tables.

But how come the end user get to know that respective airline code doesn't have data as he should not get an Email as well.

please let me know how can I achieve in NPrinting to get 'NA' report for these 3 tables through an Email.

Please find attached screenshot for your reference.

Regards,

Vara

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

In the other post i have already mentioned that the way your data model is built is not optimal. To handle the issue you are describing in your post you would have to build your data model differently, to allow for values (N/A) where certain filters are applied.

It is not really NPrinitng question as it purely relates to data model in Qlik Sense.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
varaprasad0816
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Lech,

I have tried with Isnull function for all fields but no luck as mentioned below.

Data Model expression :

If(Isnull(ServiceFunction), 'NA',  ServiceFunction) as  ServiceFunction.

How come we display 'NA' if the resultant tables doesn't have any data in final PDF report of NPrinting.

if the data is there, the respective table is showing data, if data is not there for selected filters which tables are generating with blank for respective fields. I would like to show 'NA' instead of blank for those tables which doesn't have data.

Please help me out.

Regards,

Vara

varaprasad0816
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Please find below data model script for your reference.

SLA_DB:

LOAD
SLA_DataMonth,
SLA_Year,
Carrier as Account_Name,
//if(ISNULL(Rate),1,Rate) as Rate
// if(IsNull(ServiceFunction), 'NA', ServiceFunction) as SLA_ServiceFunction,
ServiceFunction as SLA_ServiceFunction,
ActualUptimePercent as SLA_ActualUptimePercent,
Num(ActualUptimePercent) as SLA_ActualUptimePercent_New,
UnplannedDowntimeMinutes as SLA_UnplannedDowntimeMinutes,
CreditDuePercent as SLA_CreditDuePercent,
Num(CreditDuePercent) as SLA_CreditDuePercent_New,
NotesFunction as SLA_NotesFunction
FROM [lib://AS Business Operations - QVD/SQL/SLA_DB_ShData.QVD]
(qvd)

Where ActualUptimePercent < '100.00%' and Not Match(ActualUptimePercent,'-');

Join

SLA_Commitments:
LOAD
//Airline as SLA_Carrier,

Airline as Account_Name,

CarrierCode as SLA_CarrierCode,
ProductSuite as Ptot_ProductSuite,
SLAType as Ptot_SLAType,
//If(IsNull(SystemName), 'NA', SystemName) as SLA_ServiceFunction,
SystemName as SLA_ServiceFunction,
CommittedUptimePercent as SLA_CommittedUptimePercent,
Num(CommittedUptimePercent) as SLA_CommittedUptimePercent_New,
CreditCalculation as Ptot_CreditCalculation
FROM [lib://AS Business Operations - QVD/SQL/SLA_Commitments_ShData.QVD]
(qvd)

Where CreditCalculation = 'Each';

Table fields :

i. SLA_ServiceFunction

ii. SLA_UnplannedDowntimeMinutes

iii. SLA_ActualUptimePercent_New

iv. SLA_CreditDuePercent_New

v. SLA_NotesFunction

Regards,

Vara

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It is quite simple - think what values you must have for your nprinting report to make it work? (or maybe you dont need those values - depending on hwat you have used as your level (field or table?) !!!.

If it is a must to have always "some value, for ex.: N/A" for a dimension, you need to create it during data load to Qlik Sense. The typical method is a use of Cartesian product on distinct dimensions values for which combinations you need to have value to create a data skeleton and then join the actual data to it followed by conditional check (if(isnull(),0,value)

Again  - this topic is not NPrinting related and I will not discuss it here.

Since I observe the progress of your work on this application I again suggest to involve/hire someone who has very good NPrinting knowledge and is experienced Qlik Developer to take you through the journey of gathering requirements, designing report, deciding on template use feasibility, planning how Qlik application needs to be build to support NPrinitng taking into account supported and not supported configurations and finally at the very end designing NPrinitng template using already well thought through Qlik Sense application. 

This will greatly help you.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.