cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ethel
Creator III
Creator III

All capital letters in variables

I'm using variables that contain calculations and text items. 

e.g.      =vPeriodTypeLabel &', of all staff '&num(avg(aggr(sum.....

I'm not using capital letters in my variable, but when I'm uploading it in NPrinting and use it in my Power point presentation, all letters appear as capital letters.

Is there anything I can do about it? 

Thanks a lot in advance!

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
andregas
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

NPrinting doesn't have a upper case settings, only qlik sense has it.

In PowerPoint you could find it in font settings window (the arrow at the ritght-bottom in font area of the ribbon bar), it opens a window where you could enable or disable "all caps". 

View solution in original post

7 Replies
David_Friend
Support
Support

@Ethel can you show some screenshots illustrating the behavior?  Are you seeing some negative behavior as a result of this?

Ethel
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you very much for looking into it.

I'm using variable to add a dynamic comment to the graph(image) in PowerPoint presentation and it doesn't look good when all letters are capital.

Ethel_0-1659623495194.png

andregas
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hello David,

Let me understand, in Sense you see the text in lower case but when you export into NPrinting the same text is all in upper case, isn't it?

Is the NPrinting export an image? Or only the graph is an image and the labels on top are text tags?

Could be that you set upper case property of the text into PowerPoint?

Regards

Ethel
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hello @andregas ,

In NPrinting graph is an image and text is a variable.  Is there a setting for  a variable in NPrinting ' upper case '?

Ethel
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Now I'm thinking that it's possible, that window where I entered my variable has upper case setting....But I cannot find it. Do you know where to find this setting?

andregas
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

NPrinting doesn't have a upper case settings, only qlik sense has it.

In PowerPoint you could find it in font settings window (the arrow at the ritght-bottom in font area of the ribbon bar), it opens a window where you could enable or disable "all caps". 

Ethel
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you!!!