cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Neotheone
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

All documents failed to generate: One or more errors occurred

We are migrating an excel report from NP16 to NP19 June 2019.

I've checked and fixed all the tags in the template, everything works fine as soon as I import the last chart from the source and I try to use its fields in the template.

If I use a single field, no matter which one, from that object in the template, I get this error "All documents failed to generate: One or more errors occurred"

It's a straight table with some dimension (none calculated) and some measures.

In the same source and template, I used tons of this kind of object with any issue.

The report has a cycle on a field that is used also in a filter for debug purposes.

I really would like to have a more extensive error message to get some clue about what the problem is.

Anyone with the same issue?

Thanks in advance

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I assume it is with QlikView...

• any conditional hide/show on columns dimensions/measures (note that this can be setup in properties expression tab and Presentation tab
  • any  conditional hide/show on a chart?
  • conditional hide/show on object?
  • any characters which may be forbidden as column names (or maybe dynamic column names/variables?)
  • is there alternate state on document/object?
  • is this object attached/detached?

Can you crete new object "from scratch" to make sure that it works when rebuilt...?

I think object is not meeting requirements but without seeing it is hard to say....

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Neotheone
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi,

Yes sorry it is with QlikView:

• no conditiona hide/show on expression or presentation tab
  • no conditiona hide/show on the chart or object
  • no strange name on column
  • no alternate state
  • attached

I can also say that:

• the same object from the same qlikview dashboard is used in another NP report with any issue at all
  • if I drag and drop the full chart in the same template it works
  • I tried to create a new copy of the same object in qlikview but the outcome in NP is the same

Any other suggestion or stuff I can check to understand what is the issues ?

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @Neotheone 

At this point, I would suggest that you check that the QV desktop is the same version as the QV server.

Also, if you are the QV and or NP admin, then open the QV desktop on the NP server and do 'File/Open in server' while logged on as the NP service account/NP engine service account. The QV desktop must be licensed either with a desktop CAL or a manually leased CAL from the QV server, if it is not, this too could be the reason for this problem. This test will help determine if the account is working normally. See https://support.qlik.com/articles/000033911 for more on this.

If this is also not the solution and the QV desktop on the NPrinting Server/Engine computer has a valid CAL while logged on as the NP engine service account, then I suggest starting a support ticket with the Qlik Support desk so that this can be investigated in greater detail.

Kind regards.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!