Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
polisetti
Creator II
Creator II

Alternative to cycle option in NPrinting for report automation

Hi All,

I'm trying to create multiple PowerPoint reports per product (NPrinting) using two applications i.e two connections. When I use cycle option for these two connections, product selected in one connection and product from another connection. This results in all combinations of products for instance if I have X,Y,Z products from one connection and X,Y,Z from another, the result would be 9 reports like XX, XY, YY, YZ etc. Here in this case is it possible to get only 3 reports for unique products from both the connections?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

So yeah,

basicly you are not on NPrinitng 16.X - therefore app merge is the only solution.

cheers

Lech

--------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi

It is possible using NPrinintg 16.X and use of linked fields.

It is not possible in NPrinitng 17+ as of now as it does not support linked fields yet. The only workaround is to merge data required in single Qlik app.

Since you have not mentioned which version of NPrinting you are using i can't give you an answer different than above.

Best Regards,

Lech

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
polisetti
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi lech_miszkiewicz,

Thank you for your response. It really helps

On the NPrinting version - I am using April 2018 - 18.9.5 version. Do let me know if only data model merge into a single app is an appropriate solution.

Regards,

Jaswanth P

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

So yeah,

basicly you are not on NPrinitng 16.X - therefore app merge is the only solution.

cheers

Lech

--------------------------------------------