Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rittermd
Master
Master

Anyone have nPrinting 17.1 working with Qlik Sense?

We ran into an issue with not being able to preview a template or schedule a report to actually run.  I can connect to an app and build a template.  But can't go any further than that.

I know that Qlik is working on this bug.  But I was wondering if anyone actually has it working or if this is a global issue that affects everyone?

If it is an environmental issues I would love to know so that maybe I could work around it.

Also, with what I could do I found a couple of frustating things that hopefully can be changed in future releases.

1.  To build the connection you have to actually have the app ID.  Annoying to have to go look up.  Not the end of the world.  But would be nice if you could pick the app by name instead.

2.  When building the template and loading objects you have no name or description of the objects unless you gave it a Title in the actual App.  Without the title there is no way to identify the object from the list.  And there are times that you don't want to give the object a title in the actual dashboard.  So you are kind of forced to do this.

39 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Mark

I've been testing on implementing NPrinting with QlikSense far only I could get the following:
1- create and generate a connection to a qliksense app.
2- create template and preview only with table objects. If I add an image in the template it does not work.
3- schedule sending the reports to the Newsstand and QlikSense Hub. Email has not worked for me.

I don't know if this is global, but it has been my experience so far.

What BUGS have been confirmed by Qlik? I would like to know that.

Regards.

rittermd
Master
Master
Author

I don't know what the actual bug reports to R&D were.  Just know that something was submitted.

I just tried to insert a table instead of an image into an html template and that will not let me preview.

I am going to try some other formats and see what happens.

But thanks for the information. 

Uday_Pasupuleti
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Daniel,

The email issue is global I guess because I can't get the gmail working.

I spoke to vizubi team and they said they are aware of this issue and it's on top priority to sort this out.

But he also said someone found a workaround to this. Am trying to find that now.

Thanks,

rittermd
Master
Master
Author

If there is a work around I would love to know it.

Yesterday I did a clean install on a new server.  Same problems.

I installed Qlikview desktop and was able to create a connection to objects in the Movies example.  I was then able to create a template with no problem.

So something in 17.1 is still pointing to or requiring Qlikview even if you are just using Qlik Sense.

philipp_kunz
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi Mark,

we are currently running Sense 3.0 and NPrinting 17.1 on a test Environment.

- Establishing connections to apps works

- Building up reports with tables only works. (added Images, regardless whether to Excel, PPT or a Word template result in an App-Crash-->known Bug-->restart all Nprinting and Sense Services )

-Email, Newsstand and Hub Distiribution work.

rittermd
Master
Master
Author

Thank you for that info.  I tried what you said and I was able to create a report and run a task.  So that was helpful.  Hopefully, they will have a fix for this soon.

Not applicable

Have you resolved this issue, we are facing exactly the same problem so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Not applicable

I strongly recommend that you all install NPrinting 17.1.1 which has several important bug fixes or wait until next week when 17.1.2 is released with even more bug fixes.

Best

Aran

rittermd
Master
Master
Author

Still not working.  I have installed 17.1.1 and QS 3.0.1 and no luck.  Qlik is actually coming on site next week to work on it.  They say that they have this working for some sales support folks.  So I will know more next week.