Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lomato
Contributor II
Contributor II

App connection failing for one app and works for another app

Hello experts,

What could be the reason that NPrinting is connecting to QS for one app but failing for other app?

NOTE : Both apps has same App owner on QMC and has no Section access. They are both simple 1 table apps. still it is throwing following error

Failed.png

It

and for the below app its working fine

Passed.png

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

In short it was what I have written in red in my previous post...thanks for an update. cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Hi, 

does the user , has access to the app , that doesn't work

lomato
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for replying @lironbaram .

Yes, the identity used for connection for both app is the same.. and both apps has same owners and not even using any section access on either of those apps. Both of the apps are identical. But still connection is failing for this app and working for other app. 

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I am sure you read this as this is straight from qlik help side. So just wanted to check following:

• Verify that there are no rules in the Qlik Management Console (QMC) preventing the Windows user running the Qlik NPrinting Engine service, and the user specified in the Identity field, from accessing the specified app.
  • In the Qlik Management Console (QMC), the Virtual Proxy used in the Qlik NPrinting connection to Qlik Sense must have at least one Load balancing node.
  • In the Qlik Management Console (QMC), the Virtual Proxy used in the Qlik NPrinting connection to Qlik Sense must have the node that is used in Qlik NPrinting in its Proxy list.
  • Verify that in Active Directory the user defined as the Identity is enabled.
  • You might need to manually synchronize Active Directory users.
  • Qlik NPrinting and Qlik Sense must be installed in the same domain.
  • Verify in the Qlik SenseQlik Management Console (QMC) that the user who is running the Qlik NPrinting Engine service is in the RootAdmin group.

I understand that most of the things on the list are ok, I am just giving you a full list of requirements. So maybe you are running in multi-node environment and this app is served on other node only?

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
lomato
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you everyone for taking time in replying.

This is issue is now resolved.

It was showing error because it was missing a custom property. Which is another long story. But its fixed now.

Thank you

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

In short it was what I have written in red in my previous post...thanks for an update. cheers